Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flowing Hair Coin 1795

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
20 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  04:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hamhamids to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi ,

can you help to know if this coin is a guenine Flowing hair coin 1795 or a fake one.

what is the value ?

thank you
hamid

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1351 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why are you asking the same question again and again ?
20 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hamhamids to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Peter1234 : Because its not the same coin that the one 1794. and I check the quality before I buy

thats why I count on you to help me
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13892 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Education is the key to collector success!

@hh, I think what @peter1234 is really asking is after seeing the differences pointed out between fakes and the real thing multiple times, why don't you feel more confident making these determinations on your own? Of course we are happy to provide our opinions to you as many times as you would like, but ideally we would help educate you to the point where you know the answer on your own. For example, is there anything about the rim or letters or the hair of the bust or the denticles that is unusual to you?

As a side note, since this coin is so expensive when real and has been extensively faked, I personally would never purchase it unless slabbed (and even then I would be very cautious). I recognize that the coin market in North Africa is a bit different than the US, so this might not be possible for you.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2431 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is counterfeit. Look at the raised rim on the coin . The coin was struck in a ring and rings were not invented until the 1830's, so the coin has to be a counterfiet. Compare it to a genuine example and you will see the difference in the rim and denticles.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2589 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  09:28 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it will answer all our questions, if you can tell us how much you paid for it..?
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Captain Jack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think about this... genuine examples of 1700s US coins in that kind of shape will sell for many thousands of dollars.If you see these coins for cheap money, then it's bad.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7137 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  11:09 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fake
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a fake coin. The rims are completely off along with the design.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42735 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope the OP is leaning something from these replies.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05