Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 279 / Views: 15,112Next Topic
Page: of 19
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
see? ppl lose control of their cash & it gets blown around to all kinds of out-of-the-way places, you just have to watch for it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i had been saving found change since about the second week of august. by this past thanksgiving I had amassed about $150. I took a big chunk of that junk metal and turned it into silver, which I just posted in the "latest acquisitions" thread.
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2885 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since its almost winter in the Northern Hemisphere, the coins are growing less, but you still find them. Today was my best day ever. Yes better than $19.02 from Thanksgiving.

I went for a walk with the wife and dog, my daughter wants 2 gift certificates for her friends from Dunkin Donuts. So we stop and get 2 gift certificates. Walking out I see a gift certificate on the floor. A bunch or people are hanging out outside. I pick it up and one of the guys goes, its been there for over an hour. I ask "Is it yours?" He goes "Nope, you can take it, its probably empty". I get home and check out the balance and its $25.

So these guys saw it for over an hour and NOT ONE picked it up? Seriously in M'U'Rica money grows in the streets and no one picks it up? Oh well, more for me. Sadly no pictures, I gave it my daughter.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
on the way to the dumpster to take some garbage out I found 5 twenty dollar bills scattered around---
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So these guys saw it for over an hour and NOT ONE picked it up? Seriously in M'U'Rica money grows in the streets and no one picks it up?

Quote:
Oh well, more for me. Sadly no pictures, I gave it my daughter.
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
on the way to the dumpster to take some garbage out I found 5 twenty dollar bills scattered around---
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

thursday night, four quarters in a parking space at a gas station

friday night, dollar at the coffee shop

saturday night, coin spill at a gas station, two dimes, the rest cents

sunday night, dollar at a gas pump

sunday night, stack of 4 quarters at an air-vac

i love it when ppl leave coin & currency for me to find
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
on the way to the dumpster to take some garbage out I found 5 twenty dollar bills scattered around

this! when taking out the garbage really pays....
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2020  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i love it when ppl leave coin & currency for me to find
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sometimes I think the world (or at least the US) has lost it's marbles.

then I find something like this which validates that thought:

yep, I picked that out of a shopping center parking lot overnight. I keep thinkin that one of these days i'll pick a W quarter from somewhere, but I never imagined i'd be pickin an hfjacinto nickel off the pavement. I just shake my head. I realize it's dateless & has no visible mintmark & is heavily seasoned; not too many ppl would keep it even if they knew what it was.. but the coin's condition is beside the point. the streets are lined with currency & collectible coins. ppl just throw it away.

keep throwin it away, ppl. i'll keep scoopin it up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2885 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SInce we got a little bit of snow up north, there hasn't been as much change as usual, but what I did find was 2 wheat cents , both in pretty sad shape but still wheat cents, a 1929 and a 1939 D.
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
sometimes I think the world (or at least the US) has lost it's marbles. then I find something like this which validates that thought:
Excellent!

Quote:
I did find was 2 wheat cents , both in pretty sad shape but still wheat cents, a 1929 and a 1939 D.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i guess maybe I missed it before, but is occurring to me now:

is that not a type l nickel? look at that mound on the reverse. that's not a type ll straight line, that's a mound, so wouldn't that be a type l 1913?

someone tossed away a (dateless) 1913 type l nickel....

"you threw away a what?"
Edited by MrPink2018
12/31/2020 11:19 am
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 279 / Views: 15,112Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05