Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Storage/Display Options (Pictures Of Stack Inside)!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  6:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NorthWestInvest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey! So I have almost hit my milestone of 400 ounces of silver and 2 ounces of gold (starting to stack more gold)

I recently decided that since my cost/ounce of silver is under what spot price is, I have wiggle room with buying premium silver to allow me to collect coins that are more than just clunky metal.

I just purchased about 30-40 Government coins (2009-2019 Pandas, ASE, Libratads, about 10 CSM privys, Somalia, Caribbean, Elephant, Kangaroo, Koala ect). I also have 11 gold 1/10 coins that make me quiver when I see how they're displayed.

Can anyone share with me their display books or options for organizing these items? If I'm going to sit on 25 pounds of metal, I would like to make it look a bit nice!

Pillar of the Community
United States
779 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The kid inside me says to buy/make a wooden chest with lots of hasps, latches, straps, and chains and unpackage all of your coins and bars and just throw them in haphazard.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1421 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a few album options in this thread: http://goccf.com/t/331184 -- my current album for silver rounds is this Lighthouse:

Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10343 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The kid inside me says to buy/make a wooden chest with lots of hasps, latches, straps, and chains

We have seen some of those over the years. Here are a couple examples:

http://goccf.com/t/283945

http://goccf.com/t/256449

The second link in particular has multiple interesting versions.

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverKeeper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To llewellin, You mean like put them in a pirates chest?

I did that with some of my silver, the kids love it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
978 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leuchtturm/Lighthouse albums or boxes to really do it up in style.
For bulk silver coins I use Pelican cases and empty monster boxes. Gold I keep secluded in secure storage.

I think it was a couple hundred bucks for my 5 tray Lighthouse case, but I've never regretted the cost once. It's just a beautiful way to enjoy your favorite coins. It's worth browsing the Lighthouse website for ideas.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.74 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05