Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Picked Up A Nice 1926-S LWC!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  2:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Remington22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was a coin that has always seem to elude my collection, at least one that had a nice full strike. I recently was able to pick this one up, the strike is a little off center, but looks like a nicer strike for this year & mint. Unfortunately the pocket book wouldn't allow for a nice MS example, but this one will have to do. Just want some opinions on this one in case I missed something on this one. Sorry, the photos were the sellers photos, I wont have it in hand until next week.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16005 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough coin, I like yours! AU-58
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41326 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent strike for sure, as nice as you'll ever see for this issue. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3373 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a very difficult coin - high AU - 55/58. Very nice eye appeal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 from me. I like it!
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
3302 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Early ANACS slab?

This could grade MS63. Strikes on this date/mm are usually soft.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Remington22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's actually in an older NGC holder (1997-2000), graded AU55. I too think the coin looks like a very nice AU58, at least in the sellers photos, and didn't waste a lot of time getting a deal done for this one. I don't really play the re-sub game, so this one will continue to reside in this holder, just more happy to have finally landed an example that looks this nice.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11603 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the 26-S is hard to get in full strike but you might have an issue with the MM when in hand . From What I can make out ,the S seems to be filled towards the top . Might be an error, wear or nothing at all . AU-53 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
8712 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17831 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55
Pillar of the Community
United States
7658 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had it at AU55
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05