Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1968 D Kennedy Half DDO/DDR

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy....I found two of these yesterday, same year, same DDO/DDR? Gonna try and get a close up image? Sarge
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add demelone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice separation on the serifs. Great find!
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atrox001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have some lighting issues that make it impossible to attribute anything. I use the CONECA Master Listings for my attributions. There are three listings for the 68D DDO's, you can also see some photos in James Wiles 1997 Kennedy half dollar Book.
http://varietyvista.com/Variety%20M....htm#_1968-D
I have spent years trying to find and confirm these three 68D DDO's for my collection. Attached are some photos of the three, also showing some markers. All three are listed as triple dies.
The 68D DDO-001 with the high D marker, the 68D DDO-002 with the curved die scratch to the right of the upper mintmark, and the 68D DDO-003 with the north-south die scratches right of the upper mintmark.
If you can take some better photos of the reverse I might be able to help you with an attribution. I don't see any doubling in any of your photos.
Larry Nienaber

Edited by atrox001
08/22/2019 4:38 pm
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39066 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first one looks like a very nice, un-listed DDO. The second one looks like Machine Doubling. But none are a match for the FS-101 location.

Nice DDO on the the TDO Atrox001.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/25/2019 2:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add taclough to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The first one looks like a very nice, un-listed DDO. The second one looks like Machine Doubling. But none are a match for the FS-101 location.

I'm confessed.

Atrox001 (Larry Nienaber) posted photographs of all 1968-D Kennedy half dollar DDOs recognized by CONECA (first two photos are DDO-001, the middle two photos are the DDO-002 and the last two photos are the DDO-003).

Coop post three pictures, one from PCGS and number 2 & 3 allegedly from Sarge50 (I believe that the last two photos were from Atrox001). The first picture, labeled from PCGS looks like it is a blow up of the first coin listed in Coin Facts, an MS66 example. The only problem using a photo from PCGS for attributing varieties is it might not be the right critter as it is in this case.

The 1968-D Kennedy in MS66 listed on Coin Facts is my coin, http://images.PCGS.com/trueview/11694146 and it has been sent to James Wiles for attribution, it received the dreaded "Too minor to list" so it shouldn't be utilized to verify what a FS-101 looks like, maybe what a FS-101 doesn't look like.

Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atrox001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent a lot of time and effort over the years to find and verify the three 68D DDO Kennedy half dollars in the CONECA Master Listings, especially with the help of James Wiles and tacloulgh from this forum. I wanted to use this post as an opportunity to show what I had found. I have no idea what coop is trying to say with his last post, but I think his information is misleading.
Larry Nienaber
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry my photos are not up to par....I think I figured it out community! Thank you for your help with these DDO/DDR's! Going to load another from a 1971 #129310;#127998;
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is a 1971 Kennedy 1/2 that falls into this category of DDR I believe, thank you in advance for your help community!
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is another one in my collection of Kennedy 1/2 with the same DD? It is a 1967! I hope this does not turn out to be Mechanical Doubling?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39066 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fixed the image issues.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atrox001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge50...I think all of the doubling in your photos would be MDD (Machine Damage Doubling).
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05