Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Returning Member - It's Been Awhile

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2019  11:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey there! I now have some time to refocus on coin collecting and I am thrilled my favorite site is still rolling strong. The last 4 to 5 years have been quite the ride. I finished up multi year software project for my hospital and while proud of the work we accomplished, realized it had slowly eaten away at every aspect of my life. As much as I loved the people I worked with, it was time for my to step back and spend some time with my son before he left for college. Since then, hubby has started a new job in a new city and it looks like I will be starting one as well so I have about 3 weeks to pack my house, find a rental and move us. It is an exciting time.

For those of you who remember, my son was diagnosed with a degenerative neurological muscular disease at 13 and we were struggling to find the new normal. In a nutshell, we found it. I was able to get him on a clinical trial in which he responded very well to and the medication seems to have slowed and in some areas reversed the damage. He still struggles physically but the normal person would not know because he has adapted so well. He is now a Freshman at the University of Rochester double majoring in mathematics and computer science. The smarty pants got a 36 on his ACT so we had the opportunity for some scholarships so he could go to his first choice. He is doing very well there.

Hubby is still interested in his Franklin pieces and as soon as we get settled, we hope to add more items to his collection.

So glad to see many familiar peeps and looking forward to get to know the ones who have joined since I took my hiatus.

CoinsKelly (a.k.a. CK)
Pillar of the Community
United States
9162 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see you're back CK and I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. I was tempted to ask in one of your other threads but did not for fear of over-stepping.
Member SSDC, TNA
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back. Glad to hear of the great report on your son.
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4852 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2019  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you are back and keep going on GTP
Pillar of the Community
United States
2787 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2019  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You were sorely missed! Welcome back.
Learn More...
United States
14837 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2019  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear that you have found your new normal and are back in the ccf fold!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3365 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go Yellowjackets!
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8472 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back!

Glad to hear all is well!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2196 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2019  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Kelly. Great to hear that your son is doing better. I often think of him and how lucky he is to have such a great Mom. It sounds like your entire family will enjoy some new and exciting times.
Member ANA and EAC

"You got to lose to know how to win".
Dream On by Aerosmith
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7781 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2019  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back CoinsKelly !
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
United States
2034 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Check RK55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see you are back!
Valued Member
Canada
213 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2019  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdn44fan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back and good luck to you and your family in the future
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2019  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10549 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  02:04 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we overlapped a little after I joined and before your "hiatus." I did not know about your son, but the progress sounds great, and a 36?

back!

Edit: I see you are in Metairie (or were). I went to college in LA and was friends with a guy from Metairie. His accent was so odd to me, he sounded like he was from Boston! Another guy there was from Houma/Schriever and he sounded similar, just not as dramatic. It puzzled me.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
02/22/2019 02:33 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Currently Metairie, but we are moving to Lafayette. I love the food (and the accents) there!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05