Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932 5c Far 2 On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
727 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  2:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone else think that this is NOT the rarer Far 2?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Very-Rare-1....m1438.l2649
Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add geraldbergeron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also think that it is a NEAR 1932 5 CENTS, despite the CCCS card .
Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add geraldbergeron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot the link:

http://goccf.com/t/175170
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7671 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And another from the same seller
Pics aren't very clear but it sure don't look like either is far 2
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add geraldbergeron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hum...

I check the registration numbers with the CCCS certification center:

http://www.canadiancoincertificatio...php?c=7&lg=1

I am not able to get the confirmation...

What is the problem...

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2587 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
than the issue would be with the grader not the seller..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
727 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also one for sale by kootenaydavid, which looks like the same seller as victoriancoins and that doesn't look like a Far 2 either.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/extremely-r...100005.m1851

None of the three coins are trackable at the CCCS website...weird

Canada
27 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add geraldbergeron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both sellers are from Victoria...

Certification numbers almost the same

weird indeed...
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Talonbat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those do not look like a true Far 2. Maybe someone is counterfeiting CCCS slabs. It also denotes "2 Far From Leaf, Flat Field" all legitimate Far 2 will not say Flat Field as to my knowledge they are all Concave Field. Maybe this is some new variety but it is certainly not the normal Far 2. Someone should contact Louis Chevrier.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
727 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I emailed Louis.

He is trying to contact the owner/seller to correct the mistakes (he acknowledges they are not the Far 2 variety).
He also said they aren't trackable on the CCCS website, as they haven't been input yet...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
707 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe fake certs, one big issue with soft flip certifications. Happens with ICCS and CCCS.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05