Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jason W. Bradford Launches Legacy

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41499 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's hope so.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10057 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A side-shoot of this... PMG has announced a crossover program for re-holdering PCGS-holdered notes in PMG holders.

Quote:
PMG will remove the notes from their PCGS Currency holders only if PMG believes that the notes will meet or exceed PMG's standards for the grades assigned by PCGS Currency.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41499 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2019  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. A lot of them will not cross based on my experience. But I wonder, how will PMG assess paper quality through the holder?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2019  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
However, due to the possibility that notes may have issues that are hidden by the holder (such as pressing), PMG cannot guarantee that PCGS Currency notes submitted for CrossOver will not receive a lower grade with PMG. By submitting for CrossOver service, the submitter agrees that PMG shall have no liability in the unlikely event that it removes a PCGS Currency-graded note from its holder and the note subsequently receives a lower grade or no grade with PMG.

Quote:
But I wonder, how will PMG assess paper quality through the holder?

Short answer is they can't. Long answer is the above quote.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41499 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2019  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, should have read the full announcement.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2299 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2019  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Legacy Currency Grading will be a start-up with built in advantages. They plan on integrating their existing PCGS-C pop report and registry sets along with their written guarantee. They also have decided on using a fully sealed holder, which should end the age old debate over to breathe or not to breathe.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2019  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now over 2 weeks since the announcement, still nothing more than a tombstone website
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41499 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right, you'd think they would have been ahead of this curve.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10057 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2019  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2299 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2019  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photo of unmanned table at Baltimore, last weekend.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess that tells you where they're at for right now..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41499 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2019  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an auspicious rollout!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nearly 3 months since this was announced, but I haven't seen any news on progress. Did Legacy ever actually get launched?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2299 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I frequent a different forum with a Legacy Grading thread that's up over 900 posts last time I looked.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1098 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to stay away from that one. It's a little long on opinions and short on facts for me

I did take a look at the thread you mention after posting this earlier, and it pretty much confirmed my opinion of it, but I did see that Jason was at Central States and did show a sample holder (I couldn't see the photos of it since I'm not a member of that forum ). Even so, there was still considerable discussion as to whether or not Legacy Currency Grading was a viable entity or not

It didn't seem like anyone had much factual information, but most had a lot of speculation
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05