Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About Coin Rolling (Which Bank?)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,031Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
667 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2019  10:33 pm Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I want to try out coin rolling so that I can fill some of the holes in my collection, and sell and extras. Any suggestions on which banks branches might be able to do a large exchange of coins in NSW. I'll looking to do 50ish plus roll I think.
Valued Member
424 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJLang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean CRS Coin roll searching? CRH Coin roll Hunting?
In the USA I found a credit union with a (Free to clients)coin counting machine.
This way I can dump as much searched coins as I want.
The only coin I have trouble exchanging is the Ikes.
Valued Member
Australia
444 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2019  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So I want to try out coin rolling so that I can fill some of the holes in my collection, and sell and extras. Any suggestions on which banks branches might be able to do a large exchange of coins in NSW. I'll looking to do 50ish plus roll I think.

In regard to coin rolling, I guess you're referring to what I know as noodling?

If this is the case then I would just use bank that you now bank with and use their coin dispensing machine to get the number of rolls, and the denominations, that you want.

Then when you've finished noodling take them back to your bank and tip them into the coin deposit machine. The next day the funds will be available to withdraw from the ATM and then can repeat the process, if you wish.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1495 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2019  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty much what coaster said.
I use Westpac and the coin deposit machine makes the money available right away. I then go to the roll dispensing machine right next to it which gives up to 12 rolls per denomination at a time.
Valued Member
Australia
100 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2019  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hans g to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do pretty much the same as mentioned above, but I can also order them from the bank, as many as I want and pick them up a few days later. This way I get them in bags, not rolls which are easier to open. I usually get 1000 min of any denomination at a time. Only drawback is that they are heavy!
Hans
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking of doing this as well. Does anyone get their coin rolls from CBA branches?
Ta
Pillar of the Community
Australia
667 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2020  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think there is an account keeping fee tho, however CBA have coin roll machines (as in there are change machines that can despense bank rolls), where as Westpac and ANZ only allow businesses client accounts to be able to exchange change (So you have to face to face with teller)
Learn More...
Australia
13343 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find it interesting that the coronavirus is seeing a renewal of this particular technology, as "coin rolls" had previously been largely abandoned by banks here in Australia.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2465 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I was quite surprised to see coin rolls coming from our local ANZ.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Think there is an account keeping fee tho, however CBA have coin roll machines (as in there are change machines that can despense bank rolls), where as Westpac and ANZ only allow businesses client accounts to be able to exchange change (So you have to face to face with teller)

Will fees outweigh the value of the finds?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
667 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  01:20 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes but only if you know what you are looking for else its completely meaningless and probably better to do something else interesting, as finding something rare is lucky dependant. Fees on my account is 5 dollars a month at the moment I know there are online account that have 0 month account fee, but slightly hard to access money.
Edited by ryurazu
06/30/2020 01:20 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,031Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05