Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Classic Commemoratives 50 Piece Type Set - 50% Milestone!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
28 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2019  11:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SVI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have already presented previously some coins from my Classic Commemoratives 50 Piece Type Set:
- First seven coins - http://goccf.com/t/329826.
- The next seven coins - http://goccf.com/t/335441
Now I reached the 25 mark for the set (25 out of 50 - 50% milestone!). New 11 coins are shown below.
Which one is the most interesting? I have my favorite but look forward to knowing your opinion.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5168 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  04:15 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! They are beautiful!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15552 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eye candy.
I have a few commemoratives 1892- 1954 myself, but only in about MS60 or 61 average, so what I see here makes me a bit envious.
I certainly hope that your set will be complete at some momentous time in your life, it will certainly be worth your effort.

Keep at it.

I like the sharp strike characteristics of the Illinois Half.

Like everybody else:
Wow!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3443 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  07:40 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some serious eye candy as mentioned. Congratulations on being halfway there!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done.
And you're not taking the cheap route.
Nice grades on those coins.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5898 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Wisconsin is especial nice.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good, SVI! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Being a North Carolinian, I'm naturally going to say the Roanoke is my favorite and the only one I have in a coin coffin. I'm sure the Isabella set you back a couple of bucks. I've always been a fan of the Art Deco eagle on the Bridgeport and the ship on the Delaware. Every time I see the Pilgrim and the Indian on the Rhode Island greeting one another by "slapping 5s" I have a good laugh!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37913 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most impressive, congratulations! My favorite would be the Connecticut because of that Deco eagle, which is just a triumph.
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse of the Roanoke one
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9799 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, super impressive. Nice work - keep it up!

Love the Bridgeport and York pieces.
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2019  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SVI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From Bump111:
Being a North Carolinian, I'm naturally going to say the Roanoke is my favorite

I am also from North Carolina and also love the Roanoke.

Quote:
From Coinfrog:
My favorite would be the Connecticut because of that Deco eagle

Love this eagle as well.

Quote:
From muddler:
The Wisconsin is especial nice.

Agree! From these 11 coins, the Wisconsin is my favorite. See below the additional photo. Unfortunately, both photos do not properly reflect the coin. In reality, the reverse (arm) is white and the obverse (badger) is evenly toned with the light-gold color. Very nice and attractive in hands.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1513 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2019  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful set! I also love the Wisconsin, the toning and luster are outstanding.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6659 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2019  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done so far - concur based on the photos that your Wisconsin has special eye appeal. Looking forward to your continued journey through this type set.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1994 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2019  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice additions! Keep on plugging away!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2019  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are so very nice! I really like the York with the Wisconsin being a close second. Can't wait to see your progress.
Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience. - Denis Waitley

I have a lot of experience - CoinsKelly
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05