Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collecting Classic Type Coins

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,546Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eye appeal and budget will be my guide!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3728 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was lucky when I started mine. A member was selling about a dozen coins he had upgraded in his album. I purchased them from him. Those, plus what I had in my possession, gave me a nice jumpstart. Now I just basically choose a hole at random, do some reading up on the piece, then figure out what grade I'm willing to budget for.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fortunately, I'm not starting from zero as well. But, have a long way to go. lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3728 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. I feel the same way that it's pretty overwhelming. So many holes. I just keep telling myself,"One at a time... One at a time." Eventually it'll be,"One left to go! One left to go!"
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would pick a set, a budget, a grade, and or a price.

For instance I am doing Morgans and the best coin and grade I can get for under $500 for each year and mint mark combination. So it might be a MS61 for one and a MS66 for another. I am doing the same with a few other series, like the Barber dime, but in that case it is $60 limit.

I am also collecting modern Silver Eagles and all those are MS70 regardless of price so I going by grade not price in that c ASE
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I already have a thread on starting a type set collection going, I will only update progress and ask questions there.

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
5009 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like I said:

txgolfer56- Why do you have two threads going for the same subject?

http://goccf.com/t/342134&whichpage=2#2930960
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,546Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05