Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collecting Classic Type Coins

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eye appeal and budget will be my guide!
Actively collecting US Type coins and Morgans. Thinking about LWC upgrades.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3545 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was lucky when I started mine. A member was selling about a dozen coins he had upgraded in his album. I purchased them from him. Those, plus what I had in my possession, gave me a nice jumpstart. Now I just basically choose a hole at random, do some reading up on the piece, then figure out what grade I'm willing to budget for.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fortunately, I'm not starting from zero as well. But, have a long way to go. lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3545 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. I feel the same way that it's pretty overwhelming. So many holes. I just keep telling myself,"One at a time... One at a time." Eventually it'll be,"One left to go! One left to go!"
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would pick a set, a budget, a grade, and or a price.

For instance I am doing Morgans and the best coin and grade I can get for under $500 for each year and mint mark combination. So it might be a MS61 for one and a MS66 for another. I am doing the same with a few other series, like the Barber dime, but in that case it is $60 limit.

I am also collecting modern Silver Eagles and all those are MS70 regardless of price so I going by grade not price in that c ASE
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I already have a thread on starting a type set collection going, I will only update progress and ask questions there.

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4529 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like I said:

txgolfer56- Why do you have two threads going for the same subject?

http://goccf.com/t/342134&whichpage=2#2930960
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05