Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeits Still Proliferate.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1416 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  10:25 am Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This morning I had 19 different auctions removed from eBay. 11 were Chinese but what is very worrying to me was the other 8 were from dies made in the mid east circa 1968/9. I can not get to the counterfeit reporting page here for what ever reason. If you are looking at a 1948 dollar or a 1921 5 cents. Be careful. MM
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1296 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw a Chinese coin in counterfeit PCGS holder at Edmonton coin show on weekend. Fellow bought from China seller. LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
2267 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good work, Mikey. Keep it up!
Learn More...
United States
18478 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can get eBay listings taken down by yourself, you may not need access to the counterfeit forums. How do you do it?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6495 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Karl-
Mike has been having counterfeits removed from eBay long
before the CCF started a counterfeit forum.
At one time he worked with the RCMP exposing counterfeiters.
There is a nice article written up about him but I forget where it is.
Perhaps someone else can remember.
Also I believe Mike had access to the CCF Forum at one time.
He must have been removed for some reason.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19771 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Mike can get them removed just like us.
Learn More...
Canada
8335 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Saw a Chinese coin in counterfeit PCGS holder at Edmonton coin show on weekend. Fellow bought from China seller

This is pretty disturbing... did anyone call him out on this?

PS - nice to see you back Zonad
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
2267 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mikey is the one who started the thread, so he's here.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1416 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roger and who ever else is interested. Here is the list of Counterfeit PCGS Holders by denomination.

1948 Canada $1 Dollar
1921 George V, Sterling Silver Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar
1870 Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar
1921 Canada 5 Cents
1936 with raised dot Canada 1 Cents
Canada 1 Cents 1923
1925 Canada 1 Cents
1888 Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar
1945 Canada Dollar
1925 Canada nickel 5 Cents
1872 Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar
1947 Canada Dollar
1894 Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar
1890 Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar
Canada nickel 5 Cents 1926
1932 Canada 50 Cents Half Dollar

Learn More...
United States
18478 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2019  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be glad to add you to the counterfeit forums, just let me know by PM.
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your work Mike! I having a flashback to the old CCRS when I was pilloried for suggesting that anyone who had the skill to replicate a Vicky 50 cent piece could easily replicate a flip. Don't buy the holder before you check with PCGS. It a new twist on the old saying but is really necessary in this day and age.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2267 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I remember the discourse about the possibly fake flips/coins, etc back in the ole CCRS days. I was "BillinBurl" back then as my handle.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1500 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Inconnu,

I am not sure checking with PCGS will give certainty. If the counterfeiter has any sense he will match the cert to an existing coin of the correct date/denomination. It might discover some though.
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which could lead to the following scenario:
Seller A has a PCGS cert 1948 silver dollar with a holder #12345 and Seller B has the same item and cert number at the same bourse. Do we play best 2 out of three and send them both to ICCS? Haven't we entered the realm of the ridiculous?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11630 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Saw a Chinese coin in counterfeit PCGS holder at Edmonton coin show on weekend. Fellow bought from China seller. LOL

Holder was probably fake as well
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1416 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the PCGS counterfeit Holders containing Canadian fakes are with actual PCGS cert numbers which as scg has stated are correct.
inconnu I remember the stir the fake ICCS holders caused. Was actually funny. The 1927 25 cents in the "XF40" holder. I also vividly remember being put off by ICCS when I called them/him for assistance. I have never spoken to that person again. A waste of my time. Tilting at windmills etc. All the fake ICCS holders I owned were sold by my ex-wife before I was allowed to empty the safety deposit box. Karma. LOLOL
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05