Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lincoln Cent Found Coin Roll Hunting

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,427Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  02:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add alwaysgavino to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found roll hunting. Anything special?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  02:49 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poor Abe. Reverse looks like it went through a rock tumbler. Obverse looks like it was scraped across asphalt. No matter what truly happened it's PMD.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent find !
The planchet that your coin was struck on had split before it was struck . Split before strike errors are one of my favorites.
http://www.error-ref.com/?s=Split+before+strike+
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  05:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alwaysgavino to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Looking out Stoneman227 will put in Coin Flip. Could it be worth some MULA?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  06:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can't trade it for your dream car but it will bring a premium. Look on ebay for completed auctions to see what they go for.
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beachnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Congrats.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48905 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye, super coin.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
16393 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick-up @ag!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find! Now that's a pretty rare find!
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alwaysgavino to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all.
So I sent in coin to PCGS to put in capsule and here is the results of that. Hard to get a value I guess in case I ever want to sell or trade. Any ideas on numismatic value. Here it is.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2019  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I can only go by what I can see at the moment. Ebay has sold prices for similar types of 1c coins with split planchet and they sell anywhere between $10 and $50. Listings of them over $100.00 seem to sit and don't sell. Getting it authenticated seems to help them sell though just I don't know of you can recover the grading fee when you do sell it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2384 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2019  08:19 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It should sell for around $40 as a Buy it Now. Auctions are wildly unpredictable for error coins, but it would be doubtful to reach that at auction.
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDCENT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow.Great find.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4050 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find! Looks great!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. Thanks for share it. Never seen one before personally.
Pillar of the Community
United States
749 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a bit confused with the slab photo. It says Mint Error, then it says Environmental Damage. Which is it, and how do you ID which is which ?

OR
Is it a fake slab.

Dan
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,427Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05