Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 Non Magnetic Penny, Found This In My House. Rare Perhaps?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  7:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rablayo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7408 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rablayo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! My name is Ryan and I just started collecting a month ago. Would you happen to know how much this would be worth..? Or maybe know someone that would be able to tell me? It would be so greatly appreciated thank you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2281 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it's worth a penny, but we need to see the other side to see the date, etc. What makes you think that it's worth more than a penny?
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  05:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rablayo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I also seemed to notice that the "E" in cent is a lil odd looking. And on the back it has some deformity on "BETH II" and on the same side it has a dot off center under the neck. It looked peculiar to me any way.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2346 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 2006, nearly 1 billion of the non-magnetic 1 cent were issued.

The odd looking lettering is almost certainly signs of wear and corrosion (copper plating coming off off exposing the zinc). Likely the same issue with the dot-bubbling where the copper plating is coming off.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4360 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with oriole it is gas bubbles in the zinc worth .01 maybe up to .03
Learn More...
United States
68397 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2158 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
considering MS60 books at $.05 I would venture to say $.01

the one you want is the 2006 P non-magnetic.

the P is for Plated steel, and should be magnetic. in order to be non magnetic the wrong (non magnetic) blank was used in production.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05