Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello Everyone. New Member From South Texas, Deep South Texas.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  9:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Al85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I'm, well, new. I have seen a lot of info in this forum for about 2 years whenever I search for an answer. I've been informing myself, for about 2 years, here along with YouTube and other sites. I started collecting a little over a year ago, but only have about 12 coins. I had a thing when I was a kid for coins I would find and other things I found odd and interesting. It wasn't until a little over 2 years ago I really understood that it was an interest. And I am 34 now and have funds to collect, and well, here I am. I personally like memorial coins and wheat cents, but on occasion, will collect nickels, quarters, and star notes, if they're somewhat rare. I also have a $20 bill with an awesome serial number, so I'll collect them if I find them. I do plan on selling it though.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8139 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6595 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

Pull up a stool around the campfire and share as you can. We have experts in everything so feel free to ask questions in the appropriate sub-forums.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Al85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Hope to learn more, and put some of my input as well in here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
951 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  03:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to your pics.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4962 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  05:14 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from England!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2444 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  06:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

I am amazed that you only have 12 coins. You have a lot of room for expansion of your collection. Sometimes I add more than 12 coins in a day, but maybe should have been more selective.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3432 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Enjoy !
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
70963 Posts
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Al85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Oriole, one reason is because there is no local coin shops in my area. I'll find some every once in a while at pawn shops. There is a seller at one of our largest flea markets, which is where I got a Mercury dime and like two silver quarters. And I've bought like three or four coin rolls on Ebay, which, I actually found a 1894 double date Indian head, and a 55 Wheat cent with a ragged clipped planchet. There is another smaller seller ive seen once in a while, but other than that, theres not much to choose from locally. There is like a small club that meet weekly like 20 mins from where I live, but the days they meet I usually work a double shift, so it's hard to make time to go. I do plan on coin roll hunting seeing that since theres not too many collectors, I might have a better chance of finding errors.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AI85, Yes, for someone with interest in the hobby and no sellers in your area and times don't line up for coin clubs, Coin roll hunting is your best bet to fill the desire and shop when you have the opportunity.

Everywhere has a bank or a store, 90% of it is knowing what to look for, 9% looking for it, and 1% luck to find it. but you can't find it, if you don't look for it, that's for sure!

Welcome, and whatever you do, enjoy yourself. Lifes too short not to.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6768 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from another Texas resident, I'm up north in DFW area.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Al85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello westcoin. Hello Big-Kingdom, yes, I agree, and thanks for the welcoming.
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElaineD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I'm Elaine from. Pa and I'm Extremely new here and to collecting.. May be asking tons of questions and showing lots of pics... Just learning..
Pillar of the Community
United States
5014 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2019  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Al85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Elaine
Edited by Al85
04/21/2019 09:34 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05