Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please God, No New Quarters.

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oober to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only series I would love to see as far as a quarter program would be to run through all of the eagles that have been on circulating coins since day 1..
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since women make 80% of what men make, bring back the 20 cent piece and use that for this program.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1648 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The more the merrier...let's just collect within the parameters we define...I do like the adding of the "W" West Point Minters!

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the improbable happens and a new series is not initiated will all 2021 quarters be the Alabama design or will some be the Delaware Crossing design?

If they start a new series, will it start as the second design in 2021 or in 2022? If it 2022, will the Alabama design be all year or will they produce the Delaware Crossing reverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1648 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They may just go back to the "old" eagle reverse if nothing new was forthcoming. Let's pray for a new series...Fifty state minerals...Fifty state birds...Fifty state animals...etc.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They may just go back to the "old" eagle reverse if nothing new was forthcoming.

As linked earlier in this thread, we've discussed this before, more than once. According to the legal code, unless there is another design authorized, when this series ends...

Quote:
(8)Designs after end of program.—Upon the completion of the coin program under this subsection, the design on—
(A) the obverse of the quarter dollar shall revert to the same design containing an image of President Washington in effect for the quarter dollar before the institution of the 50-State quarter dollar program; and
(B) notwithstanding the fourth sentence of subsection (d)(1), the reverse of the quarter dollar shall contain an image of General Washington crossing the Delaware River prior to the Battle of Trenton.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want a turkey on the quarter, as the founding fathers intended!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1648 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey put a turkey on the quarter and i'll gobble that up.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9511 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL

I still have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to get a 2nd round of ATBs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1648 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll do a second round of ATB's...I'm still looking for early ATB's (Denver Mints) and even some of the State Quarters D-mint...the thrill is in the hunt.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
1206 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless of what they do, I think that they should wait a year between the ATB's and a new series.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1648 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah a breather to nail down a potentially good series would be good.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I much prefer the ATB Quarters to the State Quarters and could live with another round of them. I can't take how god awful the State Quarters look in my opinion. The ATB Quarters were designed much more nicely.
Lincoln Wheat Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 39 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9511 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think that they should wait a year between the ATB's and a new series.

Quote:

Yes and yes. I doubt it will happen but it would be welcome to this collector.

Quote:
The ATB Quarters were designed much more nicely.

I must agree. Also they all look like they are part of a series, not a bunch of random designs like (IMHO) the Statehood Quarters are.
Learn More...
United States
70929 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Regardless of what they do, I think that they should wait a year between the ATB's and a new series.

Quote:
I like that idea.

Quote:
I much prefer the ATB Quarters to the State Quarters and could live with another round of them. I can't take how god awful the State Quarters look in my opinion. The ATB Quarters were designed much more nicely.
It is usually what happens when you learn from your mistakes. Usually.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05