Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rail Road Company Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  11:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi anyone know if this is from a bond or check or from something else

Pillar of the Community
United States
6900 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  12:48 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a bond, you don't have the image in entirety?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
4489 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely a bond.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6900 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2019  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The locomotive looks to be an early "Grant Locomotive Works" one (era 1855-1869), same type seen in many US Trans Continental Railroad photos.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
04/29/2019 1:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3239 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2019  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The same master images were used in many different documents, both to make them attractive and for security.
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help to bad someone cut it out from whatever it came from
Valued Member
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure the first one was clipped from a Richmond & Danville RR bond. Too bad, since those bonds often sell in the $100 range. The other locomotive is cropped too tightly to offer many clues, but I'll keep an eye out.

Image courtesy of Coxrail.com -- https://www.coxrail.com/database/private.asp
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2019  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the help everyone
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05