Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Filling Coin Albums In My Spare Time.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since it has been raining for the last week and can't mow the pasture, I have been filling some more albums. I picked up the Ike dollars I was missing,and finished filling both of the albums from my original post and my third Ike album arrived the other day and I now have that one completed. I have completed filling out 3 Statehood Quarter albums, but I am missing one 1999 D Connecticut.
Right now since it is raining again I am filling out the Washington quarter albums, I am missing a bunch of the earlier 90% silver quarters, I am working on the 1940's quarters right now, my goal is to get at least the 90% silver done today.
I am going up to the big city tomorrow and visiting the coin shops up there with my list, to pick up some of the quarters I am missing.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh ya, almost forgot, I finally touched base with a Boy Scout troop and I will be donating all my old folders and albums that I will not be using any more. I was just going to sell them but people from Craigslist are jerks. If a time to meet is set up and you're not going to show up, have the courtesy to let the other guy know.....I wasted my time on two different people. So instead of dealing with those kind of people, I just decided to bypass the headache and donate. Too bad for those people, I was giving those guys a smoking deal on those folders and albums. $1.00 on unused folders, $.50 on used folders, and less than price on the albums and most of them were unused or still in the wrapper, 18 albums and 22 folders. The Boy Scouts will be happy, and now they can work on getting their merit badge.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3247 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive an old man's opinion...
Complete a set...
Fill an album...

To complete a set is to understand
what constitutes a set...
To fill an album is to plop any
appropriate coin into a vacant slot.

With 20th century coins there is not much
difference between the above two criteria.

Go back a hundred years and //FORGET THIS!

I used to have an expression: the tyranny of the album..
If we let the dictates of our collecting be determined by what is listed in an album then we surrender our common sense and historical knowledge to a commercial dictate.

As always, collect what makes you happy and ignore the likes of me....
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As always, collect what makes you happy and ignore the likes of me..

No Problem, I can do that.

Made the trip up to the local coin shop today, glad I did, they picked up a few Wheaties since the last time I was there. Now the only Wheaties I am missing are, of course, the 1909 S VDB, and the 1914 D, now I get to fill a couple of holes, they also picked up some more silver Washington quarters, so I picked up a dozen of those to fill some more holes. Also picked up a 1958 Proof set they had free of charge for buying all those other coins. All in all pretty good day for the collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4074 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about some pictures Sagegirl.
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15440 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have what some may call a 'high falutin' collection of ancient coins,
nevertheless,
I still collect coins from circulation that are found in pocket change.

Most countries these days it seems, issue huge numbers of commemorative coins into circulation.Australia does that as well.
I have an active, very interesting and growing collection of about 250 Australian commemorative issued for circulation. I take two examples each of the best condition obtainable, and arrange them in denomination and date order.

The cost? All at face value !

Also have a complete collection of U.S. State Quarters, all taken from circulation when visited the 'States a while ago. I must admit:- most of them came from a bikkie barrel, but the cost was $12.50 plus the territories outside the U.S.

Edited by sel_69l
05/25/2019 6:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  02:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about some pictures Sagegirl.

USSID18, I am working on it, I was hoping my new card reader would have arrived before the holiday weekend. After the disaster that happened with the last card reader, I researched them a heck of a lot better that than first one I bought. Also called a camera shop and talked to them. Most camera's and new computers are set up for SD cards only, my camera uses an XD card, and my new computer does not have an XD card slot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4074 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
!
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1876 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have completed filling out 3 Statehood Quarter albums,...

I'm very jealous Sagegirl...I am still looking for 4 States and 4 Territories.

KK

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05