Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Filling Coin Albums In My Spare Time.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finished up the Roosevelt dime albums and started on my Penny Albums. I just finished filling the LWC holes through 1952. Debating if I want to keep going this morning or put them away until next weekend. Maybe, I'll give my eyes a couple weeks off from looking at pennys, and start up on the ATB Quarter albums. Who knows what I'll do....the albums I need to finish are the pennys ( LWC & LMS) Lincoln shield, and the ATB Quarters. I can't believe I am at the beginning of the third year of this project and I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. When I started this project back in Nov of '17 I thought this was going to take forever, getting frustrated many times, now that I am nearing the end of the project, I am looking forward to not staring at coins so much, maybe take one weekend a month.

But, before I start doing my happy dance!, there are the bags of foreign coins I need to go through. I am thinking maybe 800 - 1000 coins, some are flipped, most need to be flipped. Most of these I have bagged alphabetically already, I just need to flip the rest of them and put them in the 3 ring binder pages.

Later
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to give the pennies a break, I finished up the ATB Quarter albums today, I am missing all of the 2010 and 2011 S mints. Local coin shops don't deal with the newer coins, so I went to one of my go to guys and ordered them up. 2 week Christmas break begins next Friday, hopefully I can get all my pennies put into their albums in that time. The only outdoor thing on my to do list over the holiday break is burn my slash pile.
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2019  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got back to my pennies on Friday and have been working on them off and on ever since, just finished with the 1990's LMC. Can I say that Zinc pennies Suck. I either need to lower my standards for putting a coin in an album, or keep roll searching or buying till I find what I want. You'd think I'd find 3 good coins out of 200, I have 207 1987 (P) and not a single decent one in the bunch. Oh well, just gonna keep plugging along and get as many holes in the albums filled. I am keeping a list of the coins I want/need. OH Yea, since my last post the Temps have been in the 50's and all the snow has melted, so I probably won't get my slash pile burnt, which means more time to spend on coins.
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2019  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Finished finally..... The biggest and most time consuming part of the project is over, now I can concentrate on other things. I've been slacking on some of the things I said I was gonna do, but I guess I had a one track brain trying to get all these holes filled in all these albums. I will put together a list of all the albums that have been filled and what's missing from them, and get those pictures posted that I have been promising. Thanks to everybody for putting up with all of my progress reports, especially when I was putting my frustration out there....
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations is right.

Did I read your list correctly about the Jefferson series? You have found the '38 & '39 Jefferson proofs in circulation? And 3 of each no less!
Edited by Petespockets55
01/03/2020 05:27 am
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05