Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nice Full Set Fec & IHC 'S

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 943Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14608 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  09:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
would you go for this set without seeing the reverse pics ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37194 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just did a quick look and they all look like details coins.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53614 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of nasty looking coins in that lot, even at a quick glance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3845 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With-out a doubt.........NO

Why do I fill up my "watching list" with items like this....I guess it's like a car crash...just need to see if anyone got hurt
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just did a quick look and they all look like details coins.

My first thought too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5066 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not interested.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New seller, no feedback, need reverse pictures at least on the 3 major keys (77, 08-S, 09-S). Most of the coins look G-VG, a few with F maybe VF details. Pictures are not the best quality.

Despite this, even in G, the 77, 08-S and 09-S are 800-1200 combined. Some of the 60s and 70s are 50+ even in G.

Might be worth asking seller for more pictures. I'd be more comfortable if there were a track record.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37194 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the coins,including 77 look cleaned to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4212 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heck to the no! I've found, some use folders to intentionally mask the damaged coins.

I'd never buy a set, even a partial, in a folder.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14608 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2019  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly my point . The folder is not allowing anyone to see the reverse of these coins .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20020 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a no f or me too.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
5066 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And it's not quite a full set.
No 1856 FE.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that fact that its in a folder is a big red flag to me
Pillar of the Community
United States
3705 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry, the seller does NOT accept returns. Probably a bunch of junk.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 943Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05