Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1880 S Green Bean Morgan Guess's?

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank you guys, and this forum. What I appreciate the most, is the conversation always stays civil. I always learn something.

I realize sometimes, I don't take the advice, Usually I'mwrong, but every now and then, I score.

I'm learning, and I appreciate your patience with me.

I have realized one thing since being here, and that is everyone has a point of view and that should be respected, by all and for the most part it is.

Thanks for all the input as always.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  02:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eternallogan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was right on your last 2, so I'll give this one a go.
MS-65 not PL. Too much chatter in the fields and the hits on the face keep it from 66.
That being said...I'd probably pay close to $150 for this one due to its exceptional eye appeal. I'm a fan of it overall, even if I'm wrong.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2019  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close enough for government work as we like to say in the industry.

Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eternallogan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15257 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that eternallogan's comments about chatter are right.
Pictures can be deceiving; I certainly would have been deceived in this case.
I went to Google Images and examined many images of other slabbed MS65 Morgans. There seemed to be much less chatter in those MS65's.

Edited by sel_69l
05/12/2019 03:33 am
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll get it, and take some better pictures when it comes in
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eternallogan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has the eye appeal of a 66, but it technically appears to be a 65. Great MS-65 to buy!
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone want to change their vote with some in hand pictures? If this isn't PL, I don't know what is.

I believe the boys in the grading room were hung over on a Monday, but that's just me lol.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1163 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How deep are the mirrors?
The PL designation requires that they be a minimum 2" deep.
That cannot be evaluated from an image.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dumb question, but how do you measure that?
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I googled it I can read 5 lines of newspaper at 3 1/2 to 4 inches on both sides.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
35514 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever the grade it's a sensational coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8865 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hear that PCGS is really tough on PL and DMPL designations lately and can only guess that there is an area that they felt did not meet their current criteria.

It is a very solid example for the grade and worthy of the CAC green bean.
Member SSDC
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, well maybe at some point she needs to find a new home in an NGC holder, but for now, the rent isn't high and there are beans in the house LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
6765 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
farrider11, I can see NGC calling that a MS66 still not convinced it's fully PL, but then again I haven't held it. Maybe the hold back on the PL designation was the amount of frosty cameo on Liberty's cheek?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05