Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 Proof 64 Barber Quarter Cac

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  12:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These are the seller's photos. This will be once it arrives the 3rd piece to my 1892 proof set as well as being my first proof Barber quarter. I may as well start off with its first year of issue. It's nice. This would be my highlight of the day if I didn't receive an Indian cent this morning in my change while getting coffee at a Dunkin Donuts. It's been about 27 years since I have seen one in change. I was excited about it. That aside,the seller's photos are good; however if the toning pops I will add a couple more when it arrives.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/12/2019 2:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3656 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great barber proof! Crazy bout the IHC! 500 Cent boxes and only found 1, an 1907.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
35470 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Barber proof!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10634 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Barber quarter but I would have thought a PF-64 would have some luster to it .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2019  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well 81 pop higher; they must have took its luster, but I'm sure this gives off some red hues. The second photo at the top of the head seems to show a bit of that. It looks to be heavily toned. I can't wait to see it. I came across this one and it was slightly below market compared to others I've been eyeing. This one appears better than a couple pf 65s I've seen, but the luster wasn't there either. On the 66, 66 +, and 67 I've seen yes, the luster is there.
Learn More...
United States
70861 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8120 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Barber Quarter

Very nice coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice first year barber.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An IHC in change...how fitting for DrBurnzy...
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I got a decent price on the Barber quarter and it even may be in the mail today. However, I was admittedly more excited about finding the Indian cent. I can vividly remember the last time I found one. But that being said, I was even more excited when I called up Eagle Eye Rare Coins a couple weeks ago and talked to staff on hand. Rick and others were at a mid-west coin show and brought a good amount of inventory with them including the 1908 IHP proof I was inquiring about. I think the woman I spoke with could tell I was seriously considering a purchase and asked me if I wanted Rick's personal number. I paused....and said "Yes, (pause) yes I would." LOL. No need to worry Rick...I won't be handing it out, but I may use it again on my next purchase.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/14/2019 08:32 am
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very difficult to avoid the glare. This coin pops like I thought it would though....and T-BOP there is a bit of luster in the "T" in T-BOP..I mean "T" in TRUST.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/16/2019 10:02 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05