Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Severus Alexander Sestertius Thoughts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  11:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add xxmarkabyx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good day all,
I'm interested in this type of Roman sestertius and was hoping people would give their opinions on this coin. Any feedback is appreciated!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ancient-Co...AOSw8dNcyLUP
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Claudius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not know the seller .. so I do not know. The link below is a search on VCoins of Severus Alexander Sestertius.. shown from least expensive to most expensive. I would rather buy from a guaranteed source such as this. Lots and lots of variety in grade and reverses types that would fit all budgets.

https://www.vcoins.com/en/Search.as...By=price_asc
Edited by Claudius
05/21/2019 12:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for the same type, VICTORIA AVGVSTI, which is Rome 618; there are only two examples on Vcoins-

Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xxmarkabyx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm looking for that particular type featuring Victory on the reverse. It's a specific image I'm really attracted to.
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
xxmarkabyx;

In an open auction I'd get between $45 and $60 for it. So you have a lot of power in this negotiation as the seller is top rated plus and you can get eBay to deduct your money back for any reason from his account and he can't do anything about it for 30 days if you don't like the coin for any reason. So if it was me, I'd offer $50, if he counters $65 or under take it, if he declines note in a message to him there is an equal or better example at VCOINS in Victor's shop for $80 and his is guaranteed for life where this seller even being top rated plus does not say that so your firm bottom price is $65. And if he still does not take it buy Victors. At least that is what I would do.
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The eBay example is a bit better than my example and I think it is also a pretty fair price. Sear gives a price of $40 for this coin in fine condition, $140 in very fine and $475 in extremely fine.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xxmarkabyx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice everyone! Victor, I just bought a denarius from you this morning, thanks so much for it! It reminds me of the Saint-Gaudens statue. Can't wait to get it!!
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the business Mark...it's nice to know who the people are behind the forum nicknames. Your coin is waiting for my post woman to pick it up, hopefully you will have it by the end of the week.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05