Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Stupendous Collection Going For Sale...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
39 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  10:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First George Cook, now the "Cornerstone Collection":
https://canadiancoinnews.com/rarity...VqpwrKhmZcpM

255+ of the most spectacular coins in the Canadian collecting world going for sale this summer. I have found 216 of the PCGS certifications for this collection by searching above and below the cert numbers in the photos in the article. Hopefully I can find them all...
Edited by Jim MacKenzie
05/23/2019 12:13 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36809 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4532 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some neat coins going for sale and I would say all above my pay check.
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sid Belzberg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many coins even we never saw before. You don't see this one every day!
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/36632175
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2205 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Further details about the family will remain under wraps until the catalogue is released this June

Quote:
before landing with the Norweb family.

maybe everyone already knew who assembled the collection, if not, then at least we don't have to wait until June
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2500 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 1936 dot 1 cent. A 1921 50 cent. Plus many others.

Quite fascinating, but well beyond the means of most collectors, but eventually all of them will sell I am sure.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1255 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something I never knew about according to the article is a 5 cent 1936 dot and a 1936 50 cent dot? What the heck?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The entire set contains the finest-known 1936 coins from the five-cent denomination through the dollar. This includes the five-cent "dot" in Specimen-67-plus; the 10-cent "dot" in Specimen-68; the 25-cent "dot" in Specimen-68; the 50-cent "dot" in Specimen-68; and the $1 "dot" in Specimen-67-plus."

Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisCat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How will a couple of big-name collections appearing at once, including two 1936 dot cents being made available within two months of each other affect the market? Will things become softer? Or will these coins disappear into strong hands again?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  03:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is little overlap between the two collections. I am eagerly awaiting the George Cook Collection and have some 30-40 coins tagged to follow on Heritage Auctions.

I will not touch the Cornerstone Collection, since I don't collect Specimens.

I'm going with "disappear into strong hands".

Heck if I end up buying the 1893 10c Round Top 3 or the 1906 25c Small Crown in Mint State, you will not see those coins for the next 30-40 years until I'm dead. Those are heirlooms going to my kids.
Edited by canadian-varieties
05/27/2019 03:37 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05