Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Restoration Of Note Results

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9931 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is indeed some impressive work! I would love to leaf through it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1786 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the 2018 edition of Kvederas Web Handbook was released, the first copy I ordered was damaged when converting it from a spiral edge to a 3 Ring binder edge and laminating the binder edge only.

In a rush to finish the laminating process, I was overlapping the pages as they went through the laminator and noticed page offset transfers as it exited the laminator, needless to say I scrapped that copy and ordered a second copy, this time to prevent any offsets I laminated each page instead of the edges only.

This is the Pink 3 ring binder photos.

I added my handwritten census information and additional notes in this copy then when all was said & done, was not happy with the way it turned out and decided to make a even better deluxe edition.

I contacted Bob Junior via ebay and asked if any more White Cover Handbooks were available, the next day he added 3 more copies & I ordered one and contacted a new Web-Head collector I've been mentoring on facebook & suggested he purchase the White Cover edition also (after advising him to buy the orange cover earlier).

On this Handbook I decided to take my time with a laminated wraparound cover and included everything I have related to Web notes, like the only confirmed 100% complete census on overprint errors, including serial number charts showing every serial number printed in error, even unlisted information not mentioned in the new handbook.

I than made copies of all my errors & notes for inclusion as this copy is now part of the collection for the future owner.

Each page is laminated in 3 to 5 mil pouches for years of protection against dirty fingers or spilled drinks.

Awhile back I posted these sneak-peek photos on my facebook page showing what my handbook copy looks like and received personal messages requesting I make additional copies for them.

As much as I would like to, it's not possible, I do plan on making each page available in a PDF file & share it on my wall.

I now realize why I'm not posting much lately here as it's time consuming resizing all these photos in order to post, on Facebook it only takes a few minutes to post, I've already spent around 2 hours on this thread alone.

Anyway, here's a sample of my limited Edition White Cover handbook.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa Nelly !

Thanks for all the hard work Vernon.

Somehow this restoration thread went sideways....
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, but it was an impressive diversion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
! wish we went sideways like this more often!
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2019  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is certainly better than what typically happens when stuff gets sideways here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9931 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2019  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just... wow...

I feel like I just caught a glimpse of a book some senior left secreted away in the high school library, waiting for a freshman to find it, containing all the test answers and teachers' birthdays.

Or the Marauder's Map.

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1786 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2019  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

The only reason this thread went sideways was because in my research for accuracy I spotted a rare Web overprint on back error note that sold in January 2019 on Heritage in a PMG 63EPQ holder & noticed the same note was sold in Jan. 2007 with the description;

Quote:

Fr. 1917-A $1 1988A Web Federal Reserve Note. About Uncirculated.

This A-F block plate combination 5/4 run 1 web note has its third printing on the back.
This is the first time for us to have this type of error on a web note.
Light circulation is observed that includes corner folds.
Only five examples for this run are knows. Not your typical error of this type encountered.

I know the person that purchased this note and asked him if there are any signs of this note circulating, like minor corner folds and the like, he replied it looks perfect.

This person just spent over 4k on the recent Web Star note Heritage sold that graded 67EPQ.

The only issue I had was it was never disclosed.
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2019  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's definitely an impressive manual -- it really merits a thread of its own. I'm afraid I don't see how it relates to the original post of currency restoration. Out of respect to the member who started this thread (who is new) it would be nice to get back to the topic at hand.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
question would it be worth it to get this 1902 national bank note restored

Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't PMG look up the SN and be reluctant to regrade it higher?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think @coinfun is asking about restoring, not regrading.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have seen on other forum people getting higher grades but with pmg comment in the back saying restoration
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
question would it be worth it to get this 1902 national bank note restored

The two questions that come to mind are, what is the value of the note, and what are your expectations.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05