Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2005 $1 Dancing Man Coin - Potential Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Katalina10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!

I'm very new to coin collecting, and am still learning what all of the different error types look like.

I've been checking my change every day to see if I can find any of these errors.

This morning I was given a $1 coin that seems to have an issue with the collar. Is this an error, or should I release this coin back into the wild? lol

Thanks for your help

Valued Member
Australia
236 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics are necessary
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5090 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Better pics are necessary
+1

It's difficult to tell if this might be an error coin. Close-up images, with all excess cropped and in-focus will possibly allow someone to identify as an error or otherwise.

This is a link to an excellent example of a similar Aussie error coin:
https://www.thepurplepenny.com/prod...d-PCGS-ms65/
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Edited by Nevol
05/28/2019 6:54 pm
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Katalina10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried again with the picture quality. Tried holding it under a lamp this time. Hopefully better!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
580 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've tried again with the picture quality. Tried holding it under a lamp this time. Hopefully better!

Unless you have the right photographic gear its probably best to do a scan,even with a $50 printer/scanner Coins come up Ok.
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Katalina10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok will do in future. Thanks everyone for your help
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5090 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this coin is very slightly mis-aligned, but not enough for it to attract a premium. Release it to the wild.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05