Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Norfed! Liberty Dollars, Etc.

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1998 NORFED the beginning.

As DrDarryl pointed out on the first page, This is a mixture of two different coins.

One of the things I like about this is there's no monetary vale given.

The other is it's the only coin with the definition of the word NORFED.

Edited by Chopped Triumphs
07/13/2019 1:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6060 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still kicking myself when, in 1998, I saw these for sale online and thought I would be crazy to spend a couple bucks more for an ounce of silver b/c the idea seemed like it would never amount to much. Had I bought a couple rolls, today I could finance all the key coins I need to complete some sets!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Earle42
Do you think if Mr.B stuck with this design, he would have got in trouble?
07/13/2019 2:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6060 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely It was never about the design.

Compared to the numerous other rounds being made at the same time (and never stopped being made/used), NORFED became popular enough the Fed felt threatened people would actually see the fact their money is worthless and keeps us under their thumb. The Fed will do anything to keep from losing their ultimate control of the economy.

The FBI being forced to give back what they illegally stole proves the crime was by the government. The trial records show the farce as well.

The only thing Bernie did wrong was that his rounds became popular.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the rarest 1998 original design Norfed? Not including the reverse pattern.
07/22/2019 12:59 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
6060 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know. Admittedly since I never ordered them when they first came out, and only got into them 11 years later I did not look into the older ones since they ere expensive!
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my honest opinion it's this . The important stuff is on the obverse.

Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Staff note: This topic and many others like it have been moved to the newly created "Post Your..." Gallery Topics forum. Now all of these are together in one place for easier viewing for fans and those on the run. So if you like this one, check out the others.

http://goccf.com/f/167
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The important stuff is on the obverse.
I just realized, LIBERTY is on there twice! Three if you count the image.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck.

'08 copper 1$ piece

07/26/2019 06:20 am
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have a question don't be afraid to ask.
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw this and found it interesting considering how things went down the tubes in '09.

08/06/2019 12:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really want to pick one of the older issues up...will be scouting for them at the shows.

KK
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not own this piece, I saw it on eBay and had to really think about the purchase of it.

I can't consider this an actual NORFED or Liberty Dollar and I don't think it was minted by The Royal Hawaiian Mint. However it does fit the theme.
08/16/2019 4:03 pm
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05