Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Bicentennial Lincoln Cent Design Is Your Favorite?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,442Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  10:18 am Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question

Poll Choices
  Birth and Early Childhood in Kentucky.
  Formative Years in Indiana.
  Professional Life in Illinois.
  Presidency in DC.

Edited by BrandaBob
06/15/2019 10:25 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33602 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The one where he is sitting on the log,LP2.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1702 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln never considered himself a Hoosier but I did because he grew up here. But this isn't why I like the "formative years" design. I like it because this is the way I picture Lincoln as a boy and young man.

-edited to remove a couple things that were found to be false after googling.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Edited by cladking
06/15/2019 11:51 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1702 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as that goes though, I have some doubt he'd use a wooden hammer.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44432 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just for attitude adjustment. LOL
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the log cabin. The only one I have found in circulation is Lincoln on the log.

KK
Learn More...
United States
86321 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Presidency in DC. Because it is the most difficult to find it the wild.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many people must be hoarding these. Rarely do I find one.

KK
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interestingly enough neither do I. Like most dates, I save just two examples, yet I see little numismatic value in them despite the year. Sure 2009 was poor for minting, but there were still over a billion pennies from each branch, unlike the dimes and nickels.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10442 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Presidency (LP4) but Log Cabin (LP1) was a close 2nd.

I had no problem finding plenty of D-mint 2009 cents but P? I only have 10-15 across all 4 designs and they're all pretty ugly.
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I am the only one who likes LP3. I just like Lincoln standing in front of the Illinois capital building.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47989 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bring back the Wheat reverse!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to see the wheat reverse brought back also. Not a fan of the shield. If not the wheat reverse than the log cabin for a few years, rotated with the other reverses. Better do this before they ax the cent.

KK
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  09:53 am  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
have I got an unpopular opinion for you then..

I don't like the wheat reverse from an artistic standpoint. Compared to the other cent reverses it's critically lacking and just not appealing to the eye, it's boring. I still like seeing them in change of course because of their scarcity now but I prefer the memorial and even shield reverse cents over it.
Learn More...
United States
86321 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, I am the only one who likes LP3. I just like Lincoln standing in front of the Illinois capital building.
Oh my, just the one vote!
Learn More...
United States
86321 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bring back the Wheat reverse!
No.

It would only diminish the lure of the classic wheat cents.

Also, what really wants a low relief zinc Wheat cent?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,442Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05