Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pennsylvania American Innovation $1 Reverse Proof Coin On Sale Dec. 5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  9:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint - The 2019 United States Mint (Mint) American Innovation™ $1 Reverse Proof Coin honoring Pennsylvania will be available for purchase on December 5 at noon EST.

The Pennsylvania $1 Coin recognizes the creation of a vaccine to prevent polio. The reverse (tails) design depicts an artist's conception of the poliovirus at three different levels of magnification along with the silhouette of a period microscope, representing the extensive research that was conducted to develop a cure for polio. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "POLIO VACCINE," "1953," and "PENNSYLVANIA."

The coin's obverse (heads) design features a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "$1." The obverse also includes a stylized gear privy mark, representing industry and innovation. "2019," the "S" mint mark, and "E PLURIBUS UNUM" are incused on the coin's edge.

An informational four-panel envelope houses the coin. The Certificate of Authenticity is embedded in the packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1396 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on it. I've got to keep this series complete.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having called Pennsylvania home for a while, I will likely pick this one up too.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live in western PA for a year. It was okay. I might put this one on the long list.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05