Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946 Walking Liberty Possible DDR?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  5:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Possibly DDR on this? And anything else anyone sees point it out

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37906 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bit of Machine Doubling, perhaps?
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure but to me it looks like DDR
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I honestly see nothing but a severely polished half dollar.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37906 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking at Pluribus, but now I'm not so sure.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah the P L and B and U and S of pluribus looks doubled for sure
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Top is confirmed DDR. Mine looks very similar

Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those arrows you have pointing on the bottom picture are not where the doubling is supposed to be. Your arrows are pointed to the backs of the feathers, where there are always those lines. the doubling should be on the fronts of the feathers. I am 100% sure this is not a DDR.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2022 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, not a DDR. as pointed out the doubling on the feathers are on the wrong side. There is no 5th tail feather to the inside, the "M" of "UNUM" is not fat on the lower right leg. The branch stems under the "IB" of LIBERTY are not doubled. There are other diagnostics, but this is definitely not a DDR.

Keep looking because there still are a lot out there in the wild.

I collect 46 DDR's, one of my favorite coins! It is also my avvy!
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JW3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well another good piece to display. Any grade guesses?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2749 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look at the last photo in my post in the grading section (1946 P Walking Liberty). The Eagle's left leg is clearly doubled. This is the easiest way to ID the 1946 DDR.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well as far as grade goes, its very worn and polished, so worth basically minimum and grade would just be details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6026 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD on PLURIBUS - look how thin, for example, the top of the letter P has been made by the MD. I also have been studying these intently the last could of years and immediately could see this is not DDR.
Look , click each icon to show the individual varieties' diagnostics for PLURIBUS and you will also see none of them look like yours.
http://varietyvista.com/10%20Walkin...s%201946.htm
The back doubled leg, extra tail feather, doubled feathers in front of the front leg become apparent after you look at a lot of the actual real DDRs.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Edited by Earle42
07/11/2019 3:48 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18144 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet it's still a nice coin.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05