Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Encased Farthings Collecting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United Kingdom
11 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  08:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Upinsmoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Encased farthing interested to know if others collect these. I have been an avid collector of these for the past 2 years. Interested in contacting other collectors of these.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41354 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure there are other collectors out there!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2717 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect these along with other encased coins. The vast majority of mine are encased United states 1 cent coins, simply because the vast majority I see on eBay or from dealers ARE from the United States.

There seems to be a brisk market on eBay.

Since this is only one of my collecting areas, I have not made much of an effort to find major sources or hard to find items.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4224 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting item.
I thought only the Americans did this sort of thing with their cents.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2717 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a fair number from Canada, and a very few from Germany. Other than those 4 countries I don't recall any others.
United Kingdom
11 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Upinsmoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your interest if any of you find any of these that I may be interested in please get in touch. If you have any of the Encased Farthings please share your images as I would love to see them.
Below is another from my collection.

If interested please visit my website here https://upinsmokecoincollecting.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3958 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...another from my collection.

That's outstanding! I don't recall ever seeing an older encased coin.

About the history of Pathé in Great Britain: https://www.britishpathe.com/

Colligo ergo sum
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05