Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 "W" Washington Quarter Comparisons For Grading Purposes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4221 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  09:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Post detailed pictures of your West Point Washington quarters for comparison.

I'll start, which might give you a benchmark for yours. Keeping in mind the big three TPG'ers might grade differently.

2019-W AMP

Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2505 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ouch. ANACS 67 looks like a 65 in the "real" world.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28488 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the dings and scrape,I would have guessed a 66 max.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4221 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
ouch. ANACS 67 looks like a 65 in the "real" world.

The title is comparisons, show me detailed comparisons to prove your opinion.

Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think third party graders are going to look at a coin by eye and determine if it exceeds MS65 and then maybe 3x-7x magnification from there.
"MS-67 Coin has a sharp strike with full, original luster, May have three or four very small contact marks and a single, more noticeable, but not detracting mark. On comparable coins, one or two small single hairlines may show under (6x+) magnification, or one or two partially hidden scuff marks or flaws may be present. Eye appeal is exceptional. Copper coins have lustrous original color."

I think the ANACS grade is fair, probably high if it were graded by PCGS or NGC because they are much harsher and stingy with the 67s LOL, but fair according to the accepted description of what MS67 is, this magnification level is higher than a grader would use to grade with for sure. maybe the full coin pictures would be about what level is used.

I will post up a bit later after I go though my finds and segregate out the best example to compare to yours. Not so sure that what I have posted before is for certain my best, I rushed the selection process last time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4221 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1226 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good topic...
Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres another of my better ones. A couple spots on it don't know what it's from. A scratch on the obverse by "in"
Scratch on reverse near the rim around 10 o'clock.
Then there is these black spots here and there.

And the usual for the coins I've seen a slightly lower relief on part of the 5th flagpole from the left.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4221 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom-

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05