Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So Called Dollar Semicentennial 1826 Hk4 ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sweden
4 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  4:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Swede70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks!
I bought this recently at an auction in Sweden.
I have done some research on this but havent found much information about Value , mintage e.tc.
Im pretty sure this is not silver , I think its thin/white metal.
According to coinappriser.com the mintage is 12 and valur about 1500USD

Could you guys give me some more info on this ? :-)

Edited by Swede70
07/16/2019 02:26 am
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9568 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Swede70. Welcome to the forum.

I have the HK book at home and would be glad to look up your SCD later this evening. Will try to provide more info later if no one else responds in the meantime.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2503 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your white metal,pewter, tin one according to HK is a R-7 which means they know of 11 to 20 examples when the listing was made. Also the hole isn't an issue. HK doesn't give values other than a spread . I don't know if the other condition issues with yours makes a difference. I think it would depend on how much somebody would want that piece. I don't do early American tokens. The price supplement for my edition of Hibbler& Kappen is from 2008 the number is HK1004 has a spread of $1500./2000USD. Whether that has gone up or gone down. I hope you didn't drop a lot of money hoping to turn a fast flip. since the market for the high end tokens does fluctuate with peoples taste.
Sweden
4 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Swede70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the welcome :-)
Edited by Swede70
07/15/2019 8:42 pm
Sweden
4 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Swede70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks for the info Circus :-)
Nope I didnt pay much ..only 17 USD so I think that was a good deal
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad Circus was able to give you the info.
Sweden
4 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Swede70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank's Bump111 :-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2503 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Nope I didnt pay much ..only 17 USD so I think that was a good deal "
Yes for that price even with the conditions issues you should be able to make a tidy profit if you choose to sell it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05