Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1864 Indian Head Cent With Cud - Variety?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  09:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone! I need some help in identifying the variety of this 1864 Indian Head cent. It has a cud on the obverse between the 10 to 11 o'clock position and another between the 1 to 2 o'clock position. I haven't been able to find anything on it as of yet. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39177 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could we have a sharp close-up of the date area, please.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coinfrog >
Could we have a sharp close-up of the date area, please.

Thank you for the reply CF. Here are a few close-up photos of the date area.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4043 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that may be a potential new listing. http://cuds-on-coins.com/indian-head-cent-cuds/
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
fioti >
I believe that may be a potential new listing. http://cuds-on-coins.com/indian-head-cent-cuds/

Thank you fioti. I'll take a look at the requirements for submitting a listing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15603 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has some serious die wear going on and I think the second cud mentioned is a rim cud running from 12:00 all the way around to 4:00
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
6975 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
minor rim cud, still an interesting die and very late state to boot!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39177 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does not seem to match any of the major varieties for this date/type.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Conder101 >
It has some serious die wear going on and I think the second cud mentioned is a rim cud running from 12:00 all the way around to 4:00

Thank you, Conder. You are right, that second cud does start at about the 12 position.

Quote:
westcoin >
minor rim cud, still an interesting die and very late state to boot!

Quote:
Coinfrog >
Does not seem to match any of the major varieties for this date/type.

I have yet to find a listing of this variety. Perhaps the folks at cuds-on-coins will shed some light. Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I submitted the coin to Cud On Coins and it has been listed as CU-1C-1864-08, CU-1C-1864-09. The listing can bee seen at the following link:
http://cuds-on-coins.com/indian-head-cent-cuds/ under CU-1c-1864-08 & 09(no L) Rim Cuds - Angel L Villanueva.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4043 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yay! It's always nice to see your 'discovery' featured on a website.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2019  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
fioti >
Yay! It's always nice to see your 'discovery' featured on a website.

Yes! I am quite happy to see the coin with that particular error listed. Thanks fioti!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6975 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job, always cool to have a new variety, and one of such a late die state too. You are off to a great start.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angellionel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
westcoin >
Nice job, always cool to have a new variety, and one of such a late die state too. You are off to a great start.

Thank you, WC!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05