Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Woo Hoo I'm A Winner!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  9:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bid in my first coin auction today...and won! The coin is an 1880 Morgan grade MS65 by PCGS. I paid a significant amount over list, but the coin is nicely toned on both sides and I'm a toning aficionado. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for," and "There's no free lunch." So I'm happy. If anyone is interested it was Heritage Auction 131929 lot#25258. Now the waiting begins.
Edited by howell1018
07/17/2019 10:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
14113 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Instead of posting a correction, please read this CCF FAQ about editing your post the next time:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/faq.asp#edit
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Fuzzy317. I did not know how to do that.
Learn More...
United States
14113 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malfero to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your first Heritage win, I'm sure you will re-visit many more times. I've been buying from them for 20 years. That's a very nice coin! I've "overpaid" a few times on coins that I think are worth it to me and the way I look at it, someone else must have liked it just as much but lost by a few dollars!
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You may have had some completion if I saw it earlier.

Enjoy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7705 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:38 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can probably expect that the coin will look better in hand. Not that it does not look nice...heritage images can be "toned down" in some instances...from my previous auctions there. Nice type coin!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hullamania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin and congrats on the winning bid!
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checking back to drool over that beauty. I only have a few Morgans at the moment, bought as part of lot to acquire some other series I needed. But when I do start these are the types I'll be searching for. I love how the toning is vibrant, yet subtle and extremely consistent on both sides. Tough to find.

Again, you did well. Very well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1312 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2019  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. Genuine toning is so nice looking compared to the artificial junk that people try to pass off.
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the validation all, and thanks for posting the pic for me Ballyhoo as I am inept in that area. It does (in my opinion) look a bit better in hand, but then I might be prejudiced. A bit surprising because I expect most toned Morgans to look a bit less attractive than their auction photos as of course they are photographed to their best advantage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know what comes after yur first win...yur second bid. Nice pick-up and sorry to hear about the start of yur addiction.

KK
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05