Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hundreds Of Fakes Sold

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3416 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has the porous look of a cast fake, but I'm no expert.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2019  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am new to this forum. I was buying some Morgan dollars on ebay. I was buying graded coins. Then I came across one graded Ms 68 1881 s for 150.00.It looked really good it was graded PCS. I made a bid 145.00 on it seller accepted my bid. After 1 hour I was looking at the picture of the coin. Then I realized its not graded by PGS. I started looking on internet I came across this forum saying the coin probably over graded. So I contacted seller told him to cancel the sale. Do not send me coin I will return to him. I said save the shipping cost money I do not want it. I told to cancel sale or I would write a NEG review. So he sends me a cancel thing but on it. It asks me if my money was refunded and when. I check credit card the transaction was not cancelled. So I contact ebay they say I have to file a did not get coin want refund action. I say I do not want coin and I messaged seller that I do not want a bogus graded coin. He never followed though on cancelling the sale. I said what if he sends me coin I do not want. They said he would not do that. So he mails coin 2 days later. So now I have return it to him. And go through return process. But thankyou for this info you provided me. It was hubbyscoins2045 who did that to me.... Can anyone give me advice on how to try to get ebay to stop him from selling these bogus slabs. One way could be they only allow ANACS ICG NGS PCI PCGS SEGS Graded slab coins to be sold. Sure it is Quality and condition wear and tear of actual coin is what is most important. But if you have a bogus grading company grading it. They should sell it as not graded just by the picture of it. The picture of the coin I bid on and won is on hubbyscoins2045 neg review if you want to see it. The light pretty high on it but looks very good. I told ebay about the bogus PCS grading they said they looking in to it. Wait and see if anything happens to hubbyscoins2045.
Edited by jack1962
12/31/2019 7:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2371 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2019  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure how to stop them, but this would not be a problem if people would buy the coin NOT the slab. No matter who graded the coin look closely at it. Make sure it is what the slab says it is. If the photos are bad or look doctored move on. This is the best advice I could give anyone buying coins online.
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4896 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2019  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jack1962...

Welcome to the Community!

That Seller you referred to has been a topic of discussion around here before. They do not have good reputation..

It's always best to do your homework and due diligence BEFORE you hit the "Buy Now" button. As far as doing your return on eBay, make 100% sure you follow the established eBay return procedures.

This Seller skates around the slabbed coin rules by not being specific about the coin even being in a slab. His intentions are for you to make a buy decision just off the pictures.

He is just another scammy seller.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1470 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
read his negs, lol.

1885-S Morgan silver dollar SUPER AAA+++ MS/BU/GEM "UNBELIEVABLE" (#223456853696)

Coin came back from PCGS as Genuine XF Details (98 - Damage). DIshonest seller!

Reply by hubbyscoins2045 (Sep-06-19 20:02):
Why Didn't You Send This Coin To ANACS, Collectors Don't Send All Coins To PCGS
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Edited by Andrew99
01/02/2020 2:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
951 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"PCS" and "PGS" are not reputable grading companies, so it's a buyer beware kind of situation if you decide to purchase a coin from any kind of basement slabber. Fake PCGS slabs exist and are a whole other issue with regards to eBay recourse, but with basement slabs that's on the buyer to be discerning.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05