Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pulled Some Silver From A Roll Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,043Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  6:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ariette to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I was going through a roll of quarters to use in the laundry machine, and I noticed a distinctively white edge. "Is this what I think it is," I thought, figuring it was probably just a mint state coin or a non-circulating issue. I checked the date, and to my surprise, it was a 1963 quarter! The only other time I recall pulling silver from circulation was about 15 years ago, when I found a 1964 dime in my parents' change. Just the fact that these haven't all been pulled yet after going out of circulation 55 years ago surprises me.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53614 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paid for the dryer, maybe? Good eye!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Silver in circulation is getting harder and harder to find.
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
4110 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Yes they're still out there -
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
6872 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ThreeLui to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Amazing find! Looks cleaned, but they may be due to the fact it was found in a laundry mat
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10766 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice... gotta love silver in the wild.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6912 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  03:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Valued Member
179 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job. My best luck has been with half dollars. Went by a bank (I only had 5 bucks on me) and asked for halves. They said they had lots. I got 10 coins. 4 were silver. Shame I didn't have more money on me. Keep searching, it still can be found!
Learn More...
United States
94382 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4110 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice job. My best luck has been with half dollars. Went by a bank (I only had 5 bucks on me) and asked for halves. They said they had lots. I got 10 coins. 4 were silver. Shame I didn't have more money on me. Keep searching, it still can be found!
Were they dirty 40's, or better yet, 90%?
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
08/01/2019 7:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great find! Always nice to find silver
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,043Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05