Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia $1 Mule 2015

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 2,177Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
269 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  05:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A year ago the below coin, apparently a 2015 $1 mule sold for $2,000 at Noble's auction.

I wasn't aware of it's existence until this week.
Does anyone know more about this? as I can't find much online.

If a quantity of those are circulating - it might be time to look at one dollar coins again.

Formerly nancyc
Australia
5184 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have seen some discussion about it, believed to be 'Mint Sport"
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17431 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To educate yourself on the Australian 2015 mule dollar
go to Google Images, and search:
'Australian 2015 mule dollar',
click on a few chosen images, thence the 'visit' tab.
Valued Member
Australia
269 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mint Sport

I assume that is mischief (fun) by mint workers.
Such coins shouldn't have left the building.
When caught the worker responsible will permanently leave the building minus their employee ID.

Quote:
To educate yourself on the Australian 2015 mule dollar
go to Google Images, and search:
'Australian 2015 mule dollar',
click on a few chosen images, thence the 'visit' tab.

Pretty short education.
While for the most I boycott Google for obvious reasons, that was the first thing I did - result > nothing:
Hence my 'as I can't find much online' in OP

I visited the Australian Coin Forum, which I don't use but do appear to be a member of, and there is talk of a 2014 mule ANZAC $1 - I might look into that. (or not)

Edited by CoinOS
08/02/2019 11:56 pm
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5184 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops, my bad. Sorry. The coin that I was thinking of was the 2014 mule ANZAC $1, but I believe it was also deemed to be due to mint sport.

It appears there may be a 'mule' working at the RAM.

The fact that 2 of these so called 2015 $1/10c Mules have apparently been sold by someone living in the ACT speaks volumes to me.

I still believe they are a creation of someone working at the Mint. Doesn't say much for RAM security.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Valued Member
Australia
269 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I still believe they are a creation of someone working at the Mint. Doesn't say much for RAM security.

I haven't been to the Royal Australian Mint since childhood, thousands of years ago.

I should think such a place would have tough security?

Anyhow, we know the 2000 mule is real and the mintage of that is unknown,
Greg McDonald's catalog says 400 which is impossible - there are at least 5x that.

These are interesting, but amusements for the rich.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
707 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyhow, we know the 2000 mule is real and the mintage of that is unknown,
Greg McDonald's catalog says 400 which is impossible - there are at least 5x that.

... and unfortunately this number is still growing due to the manufacturing of fake mules!

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17431 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Compare the eye detail of this one, to any genuine Ian Rank-Broadley obverse One dollar or Ten Cents coin and you will immediately say:
FAKE !
Valued Member
Australia
269 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2020  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone seen any more 2015 mule dollars appear on Facebook or the like? The one in the auction is the last I have seen and I'm not sure if it's one of the ones that sold on ebay initially.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2020  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
saw the pictures on gumtree for the 2014 ANZAC mule, don't want to upload them here though as they aren't my photos or my coins.
Edited by ryurazu
08/24/2020 11:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2020  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it is gone - do you know if it sold?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like there is another one out there: https://bid.roxburys.com.au/lots/vi...uncirculated
Looks like a different set of scratches on the obverse to the Noble coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 2,177Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05