Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Color 2 Dollar Coin - How Far Have You Got...?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
3148 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2019  11:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just missing two - Borobi and this year's reparation coin. Lucky to have two of the red poppy and a few coronation coins considering the prices of them have considerably risen this year.

Please feel free to post yours!
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Australia
367 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul gxseries ... the coloured $2 is my favourite decimal, probably because they stand out in the crowd!
I've found all of them in the wild except for the 2019 Repatriation!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1378 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't found them all (or tried to). I've found a few but try and rely on the coin swaps instead.
I've found more eternal flame and 11/11 than anything else.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2413 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I have them all, except the repatriation and Police coins from this year.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 13,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
367 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't got the 2019 Police Remembrance coin either as I wasn't even aware of it's existence ... so I had to google it!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for one or two of these.
Edited by coaster
08/12/2019 05:37 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2413 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I haven't got the 2019 Police Remembrance coin either as I wasn't even aware of it's existence

It seems to have been released without much fanfare.

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 13,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15635 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found all of them in the wild as well, except the last two featured coins.
Now, I will have to be on the lookout for these !

Thanks for letting me about these two.
Australia
18 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MNCcoino to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does buying the 25th Anniversary of the $2 coin RAM set count? And the Commonwealth Games & Mr Squiggle sets? If so, I lack only the Repatriation and Police Remembrance coins to complete my set.

Truth be told, I only bought the Anniversary set because, try as I might, I just couldn't find a Queen Liz 50th Anniversary coin in circulation.
Valued Member
Australia
268 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is this 'C'?

Valued Member
Australia
367 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is this 'C'?

That's interesting ... do you have a link to this extract?
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5054 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The excerpt comes from Currency (Royal Australian Mint) Determination (No. 2) 2019 which indicates there will be 2 versions of the Police coin, where the second version of the reverse will have an added Mint Mark "C" I guess for Canberra.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00433

A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Valued Member
Australia
367 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Nevol, I'll have a read!
Valued Member
Australia
367 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks as though the 'C' mintmark will be available from the 09 September, for $15 RRP.

2019 $2 'C' Mintmark
Coloured
Uncirculated Coin
30th Anniversary of
Police Remembrance

https://www.ramint.gov.au/sites/def...gital_fa.pdf
Edited by coaster
08/14/2019 09:28 am
Valued Member
Australia
268 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the 'C' mintmark is to be scarce - I'll buy them.

Otherwise it's pointless except set completion.

I'll make all the forums aware of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1378 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The C mintmark will probably have a reasonable mintage but I think for previous years they have appreciated in value.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05