Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With My 1999 Pennsylvania State Quarter Errors

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  12:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I went to the laundry mat yesterday and I got this quarter out of the dollar change machine.I noticed numerous letters missing from the front of the coin.Can anyone help me out and tell me what all they think is wrong such as how many letters etc..on the front and back of the coin?and perhaps give me a sales value?I might be interested in selling this coin? Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1497 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, to CCF. Sounds like a "greaser" to me, would need to have a major amount of the devices missing to make any added premium. You cn use the search box to find nice examples..good luck..pictures also would be nice..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10115 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well my 1999 philadelphia State Quarter is missing around 8 or 9 letters on the front .but I cant fig out how to upload images on this..im trying to learn. It is missing the on the front of the quarter the wtu in the words in god we trust..and it is missing the letters ter in the word quarter and its missing lL in the word dollar and its missing ic in the word america and its missing the mint mark and its missing the ni in the word united so your talking at least 8 letters..I am so frustrated that I cant figure out how to add pictures to my post..
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
23767 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  11:54 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF!
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
1973 D Lincoln Memorial cent With Recurring Die Subsidence Error Information. http://goccf.com/t/304624
Machine Doubling tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Pillar of the Community
United States
1056 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Evan7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No pictures, no opinion!
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3284 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just beat up in circulation over 30 years...
Laundry is an appropriate use.
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
47 Posts
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"What I dont understand is why on the front of the coin is there just certain letters that are faded or missing certain words..like in the words In God we Trust? The letters T and u only are missing in the word Trust,and in the word We only the w is missing and other words such as in the word quarter only the e and r are affected.. and the word united
only the letters ntd seem to be affected in the word America only the letters I and c seem to be affected and on the back of the coin there is only 2 letters that appear to be faded or affected in the word indepen dence the letters e and c are the only letters that are faded in the last part of the word independence..What I'm saying if a coin is worn its awful weird that letters are gone from words and other letters from the same words are there its skipping letters. I would surely think that if a coin is worn from wear and tear that it would afffect a coin differently than that such as only certain letters in words are worn or missing and it skipped letters in certain words and surely I would think that if the front of the coin is worn from wear and tear and has words missing letters..I would surely expect that the other side of the coin to have at least 30 % of the wear and tear that the front of the coin has as well..or one would expect that the other side of the coin to be worn down remotely in the same pattern?"
"I appreciate your input.and I hope you see where I am coming at?""and "Thank you once again."
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must mention that this coin is also missing the mint mark as well and it hasa goldish tint in some places..If anyone else has any info on this coin please comment .Your input is greatly appreciated
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steven1969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I posted some pics..What is your opinion Rookie 2018?It would be nice to figure this out and get a few more opinions.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39066 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It might be related to a struck though grease issue. But not a big thing because the coin is showing a lot of circulation wear. When a coin is fresh from the roll, you can tell better what it went through, during the strike and not what circulation has turned the coin into. Even a fresh coin would be of little interest with a struck through grease issue as it is common. They only get interesting when a lot of the devices are missing:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05