Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guide Book Of Shield And Liberty Nickels

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
158 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  5:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add davef to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was at the Ollies store in Greensburg Pa. today and found they had the Official Red Book Guide of Shield and Liberty nickels on sale if any one wants one. It said the normal price was $19.99 but was on sale for $3.99.

This may not be the most popular series of coins but it seems to have a lot of decent info plus a lot of info on these coin series. If interested maybe call your local Ollies.

Not sure if they are in your area Ollies but the cashier told me she thought they just came in at her store.
Learn More...
United States
78501 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that information. I have that book and strongly recommend. Detailed.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KD8ATF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I seen this on Facebook the other day. Got mine yesterday!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18665 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No such store near me.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
2437 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  07:53 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked the Pottstown, PA Ollie's over the weekend. No luck.
Valued Member
United States
72 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Checked the Ollie's in Farmington, MI. They didn't have the Shield and Liberty nickel book but they did have the Whitman Encyclopedia of Mexican Money Volume 2. This book covers modern coins of Mexico from 1905 to date. Ollie's had it for $2.99 (original price was $39.95). Nice hardback book with a wealth of information if you collect Mexican coins.

I may check other Ollie's in the area for the nickel book.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to a second Ollies in Altoona Pa. to see what they had and they had a similar book but it was the guide to Redbooks and I passed on it. There is one more store about 30 miles away that I hope to check tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1856 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2019  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the Ollie's here & was shocked to see the selection they had since I was there last. They had the Shield & V book, One on CWT's, one on the Redbooks, 2018 RedBook hardcover & the 3rd edition of MegaRed. Megared was the highest at $7.99.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7065 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Megared was the highest at $7.99

At that price it'd be worth buying them all and reselling on eBay! You could make enough to buy more books!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05