Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 American Innovation Reverse Proof Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  11:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add esad58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Did anyone order the 2018 American Innovation Reverse proof dollar coin that the mint released on August 14th of this year? I went to order it a few days after the release date and was told that the coin is no longer available - mint chat representative was not helpful - could not tell me if the coin had been sold out, only that they would send email/text to me if they become available again. I could not find any news about the coin release, nor could I find anyone who has managed to pick one of these up. Did the mint actually release this coin? Has anyone heard ANYTHING about this?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I ordered and got it. Yes it was on sale and sold out quickly the moment they released the household limit about a day later.
Pretty much everyone on here that was following this thread on here got what they wanted the day it went on sale but as I said it sold out in like a day. I think once the HH limit was lifted the home shopping networks bought whatever remained.
http://goccf.com/t/349269

The only info on the possible release was that the mint sent a mailer to customers from this year of a small catalog and it had it in there that they were releasing this year sometime.
The mint website had it up abut a month or so before the selling date.

All you could do is check the mint website around 7:30 am EST or so every day or check your emails constantly for if they miscounted and find a few more they still need to sell and open up limited sales again which is possible to happen and has happened with other products.

Other than that it would only be the secondary market at this point.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/24/2019 12:32 pm
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add esad58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Big-Kingdom - thanks for the response. I'll have to keep my eye out. I don't like buying from the secondary markey, but looks like I waited to long - lesson learned. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and the min will release a few returns. Have a good one.

~e~
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one on release day and got it a week later.

I find that CCF keeps me more timely informed on US Mint offerings and release dates than The Mint does.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10009 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I find that CCF keeps me more timely informed on US Mint offerings and release dates than The Mint does.

True story.

P.S. Would some kind mod please add an "n" to the end of the title of this thread? TIA
Edited by CelticKnot
08/26/2019 11:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would some kind mod please add an "n" to the end of the title of this thread? TIA
Fixed. I meant to do it yesterday when I moved it and forgot.
Valued Member
United States
447 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got one on EBAY for $17.51 earlier in the week. I intentionally held off on buying it direct because I was going to add it to the 2019's when the come out to save on shipping. However, thanks to the posts on CCF I became aware that it was a short mintage a fact which had not occurred to me. Thanks to EBAY I got it for about the same price factoring in their ridiculous shipping charge.
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05