Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1929-S (LWC) I Believe Is A Strike Through? See Lincoln On Rev?

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
543 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sarge, I like your storage tray.

I'm guessing it was a 35mm storage tray? Great way to repurpose them, especially if they slide in and out of a cabinet and are tall enough.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
petespockets55......yes the 2X2's fit perfectly, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't tell me, You found that storeage tray in the storeage locker along with the cents?
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ CoinTheTerm...I was serious..If you didn't read one of his first posts, he got a storeage locker which had 3 or 4 boxes of cents in manilla envelopes. and I think that slide holder is a great way to store the 2x2s...it was like it was meant to be..if they were both in the locker...Super cool
Edited by Greasy Fingers
09/11/2019 02:21 am
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, the 35mm box was not in that storage unit with that pile of enveloped coins! It was found in another storage unit (I also buy storage units at auction looking for Gold and Guns) but it was empty with 4 other empty 35mm boxes and I was going to sell them with the other expendable stuff I get in my storage auction buys but realized the 2X2s fit perfectly ......well my 13 year old did and we are now up to 12 separate 35mm boxes of them now separating coins in different boxes by denominations, errors and we have two separate boxes for Morgan's and
Peace dollars and one for Foreign coins! Foreign coins came from my 22 years of foreign travel I used to send my boys from overseas when I was in the military! Now we have a
Place for them!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think those 35mm boxes are super cool,I'm on the hunt for them here on the west coast
Pillar of the Community
United States
1703 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a couple of those boxes. Eventually I ripped the dividers out so they would hold more. Then , eventually they get buried too.
(Like in this pic) I think I need a personal assistant !

Pillar of the Community
United States
1704 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Stoneman, mind if I drive out to your place one weekend and help you get rid of some of that clutter?

At least I'm a little more organized than that. Main collection goes in three ring binders with labels and all very orderly so I can find things. It goes downhill from there, but I scored a bunch of these coin holders a while back. Apparently a guy who did heating duct work collected coins and hand made these to hold his collection. When he sold the coins I got the boxes (not the best outcome, but the boxes were free). So I can keep all my doubles and whatnot sort of organized by using these.

This one is where I put anything labeled as a variety when I get them in. All these still need looked at verified as I just don't have time to get to everything quickly.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1703 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TB , come on down and you can cherry pick my cherry picks.
Gotta watch out for that honey do list though. It creeps up and snags ya from behind !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1704 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha! I might take you up on that. Could even bring along some cookies and help you knock a honey do or two off the list. That's supposing I survive my next month of field work, but odds are at least 50/50 on that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
543 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sarge and everyone else for your images of storage ideas.

I've used cigar boxes but they are not uniform in size or shape.
What I use is an old 6 drawer file card cabinet from about 1945. 100+lb empty, rugged and 30" deep that has access to 24" when fully opened. Holds binders, boxes, rolls, proof sets, etc. but there is still some wasted space between the drawers.
My ultimate storage piece would be an old library card file like this 72 drawer beauty.
Unfortunately, they get pricey because of competition from crafters and people that sew with lots of little buttons and such.
Edited by Petespockets55
09/13/2019 09:00 am
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Petespockets55....Thanks, dude that is the coolest cabinet I've ever seen! I'd love to have that, my only problem any furniture I buy has to go in my tiny office! My others half wants our house to look like she's the only one
Living here, jajajajaja! LOVE THAT CABINET!
Pillar of the Community
United States
543 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have daydreamed of that cabinet.

Might even hold all of Stoneman's overflow!
Edited by Petespockets55
09/13/2019 1:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1703 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They might fit but I'm gonna stick one of these on TB before he dives in !

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05