Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Received My 2019 "Proof W" Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ThePennyHunter32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Received My 2019 "Proof W" Penny
2019 September 14

I received the 2019 "W" proof penny today and figured I'd share some pictures. I now have an uncirculated "W" and a proof "W". Just need the reverse proof to complete the set.

Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my favorite of the 3.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5378 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm buying one of each slabbed as a 69
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1146 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy some airtite holders and get them out of that plastic

They will thank you
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17378 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These plated cents are still scary. One tiny zinc pop and they are worthless.

I love the idea of those three but I just abhor plated cents.
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have mine in the Danesco Album. I don't believe The zincoins are a great long term storage coin. I've done a little roll hunting and most zincoins look terrible even after only a year old.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first set of all three came with no issues, and since I have ordered a second set of all three, with only the uncirculated yet to arrive. The second set also have no issues. Thank you for sharing yours.
Pillar of the Community
United States
732 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zincolns are fine for long term storage if they aren't circulating and the plating is solid.

If the plating is compromised the zinc will oxidize and create a fine powder over where the break in the plating is to protect the zinc underneath. If you keep touching it like in circulation, that fine layer keeps getting knocked off and more zinc is sacrificed to cover the exposed zinc with oxidization.

A coin collector, protecting a new zincoln, has nothing to really worry about the coin will last hundreds of years as long as the plating isn't compromised and it sits unmolested. It will last longer than you will.

The extreme examples in circulation that you see are where the plating is broken and the zinc exposed and circulation keeps knocking off the oxidization of the zinc.

Zincolns get a bad rap because of this "rumor". It's based in truth, a Zincolns if given the right conditions will deteriorate rapidly, but if stored properly it will last just as long as a copper cent. They don't handle the bangs and bumps and wear and tear of circulation well is all it is.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
09/15/2019 08:15 am
Valued Member
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome. Happy to hear you have one and are pleased. Keep 'em going!
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good going
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my favorites. I just got mine back that I got graded and scored a 69. The only thing I don't like is they put the reverse showing on the face of the grade. I like Lincoln cents cause of Lincoln, not the shield!
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just got mine back that I got graded and scored a 69.
Excellent!

Quote:
The only thing I don't like is they put the reverse showing on the face of the grade. I like Lincoln cents cause of Lincoln, not the shield!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05