Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 October RCM Releases - Includes 2nd Ufo Coin

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  9:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Had a quick peek at the Canada Post catalog available at local post offices.

The highlight without a double is the second in the series of "Canada's Unexplained Phenomena" coins.

As you remembered, the 1st UFO coin - the Falcon Lake Incident" sold for multiple times face value. Whether the success will be duplicated is debatable since 2nd in the series coins rarely do as well as the first.

This year's UFO coin is called the Shag Harbour Incident. Instead of a egg shaped coin, this year is a rectangular shaped glow-in-the dark coin

- 4000 Mintage $129.99

Other October coins release that stand out include:

- Poppy Shaped Coin for Remembrance Day.
- Glass Murano Poppy On a Coin.
- Great Seal of The Province of Canada (1841-1867) Coin - 10 oz Silver - Gold Accented Coin - $999.
Edited by MoneyPenney
09/16/2019 9:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Great Seal of The Province of Canada coin is similar to the gold one issued by the RCM this year.

https://www.cdncoin.com/2019-2500-G...32094116.htm

The new coin is 10 oz pure silver with gold accents.
Valued Member
Canada
199 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks MoneyPenney for the info. I'm looking forward to this October release.

There is also a feather-shaped "Northwest Coast style" coin. Mintage 3,000; 1 oz; $149.95.
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:39 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@YesOrNo

Just saw the Eagle feather shaped coin on the RCM site along with the EXCLUSIVE Masters Club Coin - Iconic Maple Leaves. Thinking of purchasing one but on the fence for 149.95 for 1oz of silver. Price keep going up making it harder to justify the purchase. Already have the Masters Club Coin: - Iconic Maple Leaves and liking it very much. Your thoughts on the Feather coin.Yes or no.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6550 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for update, MoneyPenney!

Will be interesting to see some coins.
"Northwest Coast style" - should be good....but " feather-shaped" suspicious.

Will be "little crime" not to load new "UFO" coins
Probably, need already to run POs and pre-pre-order the coin via friendly clerk.
Valued Member
Canada
199 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Your thoughts on the Feather coin.Yes or no.

No for now. haha

In terms of artistic merit and technology, I'm not impressed. I like the low mintage though. But I already bought egg shaped and yin-yang shaped coins this year. I don't need another shaped coin because I don't plan to open a coin museum.

If you like feathers, you should get it.

p.s. the mint said the first 1000 ("low" COA) out of 3000 feather coins are sold out.
Edited by YesOrNo
09/17/2019 2:22 pm
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
p.s. the mint said the first 1000 ("low" COA) out of 3000 feather coins are sold out.

No need to decide now. Well, I guess I'm not getting one. money saved. :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the rest of the October releases:

- Spooky Canada- Ottawa Jail Hostel
- Louis Riel Silver Dollar
- 3.5 oz Multilayer Polar Bear Coin - Uses Twonie design
- 1 oz Silver Eagle Feather coin
- Centennial Flame coin
- 1/2 Kilo Tall Ships coin
- Master Club Maple Leaf coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenny: Thanks for sharing the info on the upcoming releases.

Of course, I'm drawn to the silver dollar.
Edited by commems
09/18/2019 5:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
567 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have more details or pics of the SD?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6550 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone have more details or pics of the SD?

check please 'the other' web-resource, it has the image.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the images on the other site, I couldn't help but to notice that of the eleven coins pictured only one was a traditional coin. All of the others coins were either colourized, non-round or oversized.

In a nut shell, it presents what NCLT collecting has become. I'm not saying good or bad, just noting how much it has changed over the years.

The one traditional coin is a SD so I will be a buyer!

Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems

Is this other site a big secret that you can't post a link or is it against the rules?
Edited by jimper
09/19/2019 2:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimper: I have no idea. I'm just following what others have done for some time here in this forum / see Silveroid's post just before mine for an example.

Maybe one of the mods can offer definitive guidance.

Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe Silveroid can give us the link to this site or a hint if it's against the rules here.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If a link is posted to that site, it will be removed by mods. The reason for this I believe is the site sometimes show pictures from the RCM before official release date which is against the rules here.

But a quick internet search should find what you are looking for. The site is a deal site (for finding bargains) that has a sub forum called Personal Finance. Within that forum is a thread for coin collecting.

Give me a PM if you can't find it.
Edited by MoneyPenney
09/19/2019 3:22 pm
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05