Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Found This MD, And I'm Not Sure What It Is.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  11:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wendyru to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I was MD and for coins and found a 1982 Chuckie Cheese token and this other one. I'm not sure what it is at all, I have no experience with token's if this even is a token. I have repeatedly Googled the info on it, with absolutely no luck. Which kinda surprised me, because I thought that would be enough info to find something. So any info at all would be appreciated, if it even classifies as one. Thank you all!
I thought I'd share pictures of the other one too just because lol

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
549 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your pictures are out of order.

I think it's a trade token/coin for a company called Ramsey & Campbell that was open in Madison Wisconsin in the late 1800's.

https://books.google.com/books?id=0...nsin&f=false
Here's my proof

I saw a couple of Spanish auctions that sold them as civil war tokens, what they were specifically for I'm not sure, but that should be enough to find out if you need more.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
549 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully I did that right and it pull you to the appropriate part of the paper.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17378 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your second token has no trade value, so it would be considered as a promotional token.

Contact the Historical Society of Madison, Wisconsin and they should be able to give you the dates that company was in business.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wendyru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank-you! Civil war token worth around $50.00
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10100 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  03:01 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The middle pics really seem to show a Civil War token. I knew I had seen that anvil before. Here is a very similar token:

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
09/21/2019 03:02 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4658 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Civil War Token #410J-1a that is made of copper. Rarity 3. Ramsey & Campbell / Stoves / Tin / Iron / Farming / Tools / Madison Wis.

Evidently a blacksmithing and hardware store operation advertising token from the 1800's.

Nice metal detecting find!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41326 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.

If you need to post photos in the future, please post them with the proper orientation.

It makes it easier for others to evaluate them.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05