Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1824 Nova Scotia Token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
491 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  4:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,

Wishing everyone is great! Won this on an auction. Whats the opinion for the grade and variety?

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10640 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
George1V, one penny token, in VF20, may even go EF

Nice one, Yes sorry, my mistake, looked at the wrong one.

A one penny token for sure. page 46 in Tokens of Nova Scotia.
True North
Edited by SHAFTA9a
09/22/2019 06:33 am
Valued Member
Canada
491 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Shafta its not a half penny :)
Valued Member
Canada
491 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 leaves thin hair Charlton NS2A2?
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add northcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is Charlton # NS-2A4 Courteau # 263. It has 4 leaves, the left leaf touches the F and a small tip, hard to see, is found between the the 3 more prominent leaves. On the reverse the stem of the thistle also helps to define this variety, it is long and has more of a point than some of the other varieties.

I think it would grade XF, VF30 for sure.

I was the under bidder on this one. Excellent buy!!
Valued Member
Canada
491 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Northcoin, thanks for the info. Hard to see 4th leaf...I would also think vf30 is resonable...I cannot wait to get it and see the fields. It has a lot of detail for its age
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05