Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Beautiful 1946 D Wheat Penny

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  4:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Fender79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I found this in a roll at the bank awhile back and had forgot about it. It's the most beautiful Wheat cent I've ever found in a roll.
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Check chrisof4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chrisof4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, that is a nice one. Congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos show mint state luster but they are too blurry for a grade opinion.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fender79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it looked really good for a bank roll find. I'll see if I can get a better pic and see what yall think. I have a hard time getting the right shot. I'm ordering a USB microscope for checking out my coins so my picture issue will be solved hopefully
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12063 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent roll find .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18749 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was just minted.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beachnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty. Always fun finding a coin that looks like that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2113 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice MS-6_RB...nice find at face value...
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fender79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. When I get home I'll try and take some better pictures to see if someone can maybe assign a ballpark grade. Is it worth sending off to get graded proper? If so what might it be worth?
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flipacoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every once in a while you just happen to catch one that's been sitting in someones piggy bank for decades.
Nice score.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1173 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well, the first one I see on google has a $50,000 price tag. Of course, its a scam, but hey :)

A more reliable search takes me to cointracker which says you can get about $4 for that. Getting it certified will cost you about $50. So I would not do this. Give it an acetone/alcohol bath if you have touched it, and put it in some sort of protective enclosure. If you want to sell, put it aside and take a good amount of coins all at once to a coin swap or local club meeting or something.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16113 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, looks to be 63 or so!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's sharp, a great find! i'd be numismatweaked if i'd have found that.. I've scored a few nice wheats like that, but not that old. nice.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05