I have submitted some of my more major varieties to NGC
last year. Now I'm trying ANACS.
What's really appealing to me is the number of references that ANACS recognizes. They don't just pick and choose varieties like NGC
, they recognize all of VarietyVista, Wexler, and even Cuds-On-Coins. And, according to my emails with ANACS, if you discover a new variety and have it authenticated by any of the sites I mentioned before, ANACS will label it "First Discovery" as long as you include documentation with your submission.
I like the idea of having my more major discoveries being graded by a TPG
and be labeled that they are the discovery piece. So with the Fall Frenzy sale I decided to submit two coins to try out the "First Discovery" label and to finally get a handful of mid-high value varieties slabbed.
My submission was 11 error and variety coins.
1. 1857 1c CU-1c-1857-01R http://goccf.com/t/353651
2. 1858 1c FS-101 S2 http://goccf.com/t/355010
3. 1975 1c FIRST DISCOVERY CU-1c-1975-11 See profile pic http://goccf.com/t/274216
4. 1983 1c FS-801 DDR-001 http://goccf.com/t/290838
5. 1994 1c Rotated Dies (Trade with E&V) http://goccf.com/t/344807
6. 1995 1c FS-101 DDO-001 I don't think I posted this one on CCF
High grade eBay buy for about $15, hopefully gets MS65.
7. 1918 5c FS-801 DDR-001 http://goccf.com/t/319413
8. 1920-D 5c FS-401 Two Feathers http://goccf.com/t/349693
9. 1914-D 10c FIRST DISCOVERY RCD-10c-1914D-01R http://goccf.com/t/352382
10. 1953-D/S 25c FS-601 OMM-001 http://goccf.com/t/312787
11. 1971-D 25c FS-801 DDR-001 Again don't know why I didn't post this one here. Found it in change my brother got from buying a pretzel at Target. http://crdievarieties.com/doku.php?...1d25ccrdr001
So now we can all get anxious waiting for the results!