Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Something Big Coming

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  09:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Received e-mail from the RCM yesterday indicating to watch your inbox Tuesday October 15.....SOMETHING BIG is coming soon.

Appears to be related to the Toronto Raptors NBA Championship victory.

Anyone have an insight to what's coming?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
728 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5% off when you spend more than $500.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2163 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is...A World Championship Raptor $20 Ring Coin with 1 Ounce of silver and 24 K gold plating that you can actually wear on your finger.
A special price of $199.99 with only 2019 available world wide.
A Mint first !
Hmm? It may come with a Swarowski Crystal or Murano glass.

Edited by darryldarryl
10/13/2019 2:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The email I got a few days ago said there was another Renewed Silver Dollar coming soon.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The email I got a few days ago said there was another Renewed Silver Dollar coming soon.

I also got the email: "The final MC exclusive coin is coming" November 2019.

"Only one coin remains to be unveiled and we are looking forward to releasing it later this month."
Pillar of the Community
Canada
728 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it a $150 silver coin?!?!
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canovision8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The email I received was for a 25th anniversary season of the Raptors 1 oz. silver coin and for a smaller coin or medallion also for the 25th anniversary season (the denomination, if any, is not indicated).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Toronto Raptor coins are available to be ordered.

- 1 oz Toronto Raptors Coin - mintage 8500
- 25 cents Toronto Raptors - mintage 100,000

Although the email say they are 25th Season coins, neither coin have the number 25 on it. The front of the coin has Raptor logo,

The denominations are on the back of the coins where the Queen is. The one ounce coin is $25 and the other is 25 cents. And the coins are dated 2020.

Too high a mintage for any chance of price appreciation and not a Raptors fan so will not be getting it.
Edited by MoneyPenney
10/15/2019 12:46 am
Belgium
2 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Misterq83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,
Has someone a link where we could see pictures of these 2 Toronto Raptors coins?

Thanks from Belgium!
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6567 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi everybody,
Has someone a link where we could see pictures of these 2 Toronto Raptors coins?

Please check popular marketplace.
I've found image of the 25c carded coin there - looks very good. And it's not coloured.

However, I already see priced CAD 50.00. WoW

The issue price I assume was CAD 29 - 35 ?

Added:
Saw image of the Silver $25 coin.
Average, imo. Coloured.
Would be the mintage of 25c ten times lower - on teh secondary market it will reach the price of silver coin, easily.
Edited by Silveroid
10/16/2019 11:39 am
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The issue price I assume was CAD 29 - 35

$29.95 CDN. It is an oversized Quarter (35mm). $50 seems high for a mintage of 100K.

Belgium
2 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Misterq83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your answers (and welcome). &👍
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to buy the quarter today but it's restricted to Canada only. The $29+ Canadian seems very high for what it is, but I still need it for my collection. With the large amount minted, I'm thinking a fee more around $10 or so.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05